What i a formula for finding

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formula
In summary, a formula is a mathematical expression used to represent relationships between quantities and solve problems. To find a formula, one must identify variables and use mathematical principles to create an equation. The purpose of a formula is to provide a concise and systematic way to solve problems and make predictions. A formula can be used for different problems as long as the variables and relationships remain the same, but some may be more applicable than others. Common types of formulas include algebraic, geometric, and statistical formulas.
transgalactic
what is the formula for finding the transformation matrix that changes a given metrix from one basis to another?
old basis -A
new basis -B
the transformation matrix - N
i thought
it was

B|A >>> I|N

but now i heard that that was a mistake and itsA|B >>> I|N

?

Physics news on Phys.org
What do the vertical lines mean?

What is a formula?

A formula is a mathematical expression that uses symbols and variables to represent relationships between quantities. It is used to solve specific problems or to describe a general pattern or rule.

How do you find a formula?

To find a formula, you must first identify the variables and their relationships in the problem. Then, you can use mathematical principles such as algebra, geometry, or calculus to manipulate the variables and create an equation that represents the problem.

What is the purpose of a formula?

The purpose of a formula is to provide a concise and systematic way to solve a problem or describe a pattern. It allows for easy calculation and prediction of outcomes based on the given variables.

Can a formula be used for different problems?

Yes, a formula can be used for different problems as long as the variables and relationships between them remain the same. However, some formulas may be more applicable to specific situations than others.

What are some common types of formulas?

Some common types of formulas include algebraic formulas (e.g. quadratic formula), geometric formulas (e.g. area and volume formulas), and statistical formulas (e.g. mean and standard deviation formulas).