The electronic engineer have the question)

In summary: I started looking for a job. I had to explain my specialty in my resume because there is no such thing as an 'electronics engineer who specializes in radio electronic equipment.' I would think that a very brief job description of what you did on your resume will suffice to get the ball rolling. From there anyone interested in your abilities will ask you directly. In summary, Rip says that he is from Russia and wants to know what is the best way to describe his specialty in Canada. Rip says that there is no such thing as an "electronics engineer who specializes in radio electronic equipment" in Canada, so he had to explain this in his resume. Rip says that a brief job description of what he did would
rip13
hi all. I am from Russia. I want to ask a question as called my specialty. I am going to work in Canada. My speciality in Russia called designer radio electronic equipment. Now my responsibilities at work are: the choice of future device design, spatial layout comprising elements modeling hull parts, the development of documentation. In the Canada's N.O.C. it is Major Group 21 (2133 electronic engineer). But what next? Electronics - a vast industry. How can I describe my specialization for the future of the Canadian employer?

PS: I apologize for my English, I have been actively studying now. Please write if meet grammatical errors.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Rip... and welcome to Canada.
I can't help with your question because I don't know the protocols of the industry. You seemed to explain your specialty pretty well in your post. Your English seems very good. The grammar structure is a bit off-kilter, but still understandable. The structure will come with experience once you're here, so don't worry about it. Your accent might be more of an issue. Most Russian or Slavic people that I've heard speaking have very 'thick' speech in that same way that a Scottish brogue is thick. If you try to 'lighten' the accent by enunciating every word individually, you should have no problems. Don't be offended if people ask you to repeat yourself.

Last edited:
Thank you Danger. Thank you for your reply, assessment and advice.
But my question is still relevant.

Last edited:
Given your situation, I wouldn't get hung up too much on terminology. It is well understood that there are differences in how countries operate. Why not just use exactly what you already used? I would think that a very brief job description of what you did on your resume will suffice to get the ball rolling. From there anyone interested in your abilities will ask you directly.

rip13 said:
But my question is still relevant.

I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't; merely that I don't know the answer. Sorry if it appeared otherwise. :smile:

Don't worry.

2FredGarvin: Do you mean that there is no such classification of specialization? Mean it is simply described in the resume.

I can't say I have ever seen an "official" title like that. What I would expect to see is someone that is an electrical or electronics engineer who specializes in radio electronic equipment.

"electronics engineer who specializes in radio electronic equipment"

I like how it sounds)
I realized there is no such classification of occupations, as in Russia

1. What is the role of an electronic engineer?

An electronic engineer designs, develops, and tests electronic systems and devices. They work with a variety of technologies such as microprocessors, sensors, and circuit boards to create innovative solutions for various industries.

2. What skills are necessary to become an electronic engineer?

Some essential skills for electronic engineers include a strong understanding of math and science, problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software. Good communication and teamwork skills are also important for working on projects with other engineers and professionals.

3. What industries do electronic engineers typically work in?

Electronic engineers can work in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, aerospace, automotive, healthcare, and consumer electronics. They may also work in research and development or in government agencies.

4. What are the educational requirements for becoming an electronic engineer?

Most electronic engineering positions require at least a bachelor's degree in electrical or electronic engineering. Some positions may also require a master's degree. It is also helpful to have hands-on experience through internships or co-op programs.

5. How is the job outlook for electronic engineers?

The job outlook for electronic engineers is positive, with a projected growth rate of 5% from 2019 to 2029. This is due to the increasing demand for electronic devices and systems in various industries. Electronic engineers with advanced skills in areas such as robotics and artificial intelligence may have even better job prospects.