Is there a rating system for semiconductor manufacturers and distributors?

In summary: I'm not directly involved in the Purchasing function, but I haven't heard of any bad things about any particular disti. If you have a specific question about a disti or a couple of distis, I can ask my Purchasing folks about it. In general, I think distis do a good job, at least the ones included at findchips.com.
KingNothing
I'm looking for a way to get accurate opinions, experiences and recommendations from others in industry on the quality of different electronic suppliers. Specifically, I want to know the quality of the suppliers of MCUs.

What are your experiences with Freescale, Renasas, Microchip, Infineon, ASIX, etc?
Do you know of a better way to research the quality of their service? Is there a centralized website with such opinions?

Engineering news on Phys.org
KingNothing said:
I'm looking for a way to get accurate opinions, experiences and recommendations from others in industry on the quality of different electronic suppliers. Specifically, I want to know the quality of the suppliers of MCUs.

What are your experiences with Freescale, Renasas, Microchip, Infineon, ASIX, etc?
Do you know of a better way to research the quality of their service? Is there a centralized website with such opinions?

I think you would normally buy those through distributors, at least in low/modest voumes? You can use www.findchips.com to see what disti's carry what parts. Not sure that helps on your question, though.

What are you planning to make. Depending on how complex it is and how accurate it needs to be, lower quality components could be ok.

I'm not talking about the quality of the parts. I have chosen the parts for my project. However, it is the distributors that I am hoping to get opinions on. Since my original question was along the lines of "is there a larger resource of customer experiences and reviews", I will assume the answer is no if no one posts any such thing.

KingNothing said:
I'm not talking about the quality of the parts. I have chosen the parts for my project. However, it is the distributors that I am hoping to get opinions on. Since my original question was along the lines of "is there a larger resource of customer experiences and reviews", I will assume the answer is no if no one posts any such thing.

I'm not directly involved in the Purchasing function, but I haven't heard of any bad things about any particular disti. If you have a specific question about a disti or a couple of distis, I can ask my Purchasing folks about it. In general, I think distis do a good job, at least the ones included at findchips.com.

1. What is a rating system for semiconductor manufacturers and distributors?

A rating system for semiconductor manufacturers and distributors is a system that evaluates and ranks companies based on various criteria such as product quality, customer satisfaction, financial stability, and industry reputation. This system is used to help customers make informed decisions when choosing a supplier for their semiconductor needs.

2. How is the rating system for semiconductor manufacturers and distributors determined?

The rating system for semiconductor manufacturers and distributors is typically determined by a third-party organization or industry experts who conduct thorough research and analysis of each company's performance. They may consider factors such as market share, product portfolio, customer feedback, and financial performance to determine the overall rating of a company.

3. What are the benefits of having a rating system for semiconductor manufacturers and distributors?

A rating system for semiconductor manufacturers and distributors can benefit both customers and companies. For customers, it provides a reliable source of information to compare and select the best supplier for their needs. For companies, it can help them identify areas for improvement and stay competitive in the market.

4. Is the rating system for semiconductor manufacturers and distributors unbiased?

The rating system for semiconductor manufacturers and distributors strives to be unbiased by using objective criteria and conducting thorough research. However, it is important to note that the ratings may still be influenced by the organization or experts conducting the evaluation.

5. Can a company's rating in the system change over time?

Yes, a company's rating in the system can change over time. As the industry and market conditions evolve, a company's performance may also change, which can affect its rating. Additionally, a company can actively work to improve its performance and potentially improve its rating in the system.