Songs with the word woman in them

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary: Maxwell - This Woman's WorkVery good.. although it always reminds me of Elaine on Seinfeld. LOLGotta put "Whole Lotta Love" in the mix. He belts out "woman" in there:"Way down inside... WOMAN... You need... love. "Womanizer

Two more songs by a rather obscure group, Crawler - Crazy Woman and Never Loved a Woman

and a bit further back
I Never Loved A Woman (The Way I Love You) by Jackie Wilson & Count Basie

bee gees - more than a woman (??)
:yuck: I never liked disco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

A little teenybopper cheese, anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiMZjOcaVbQ

Math Is Hard said:
My friend and I have this longstanding joke of calling each other "woman". I am thinking about making her a CD for her birthday with a bunch of songs that have this word in the title or prominently in the lyrics.
In that case, leave out the Bee Gees - although if it's a joke. :uhh:

Math Is Hard said:
Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone. I love them. I especially like the ones where the singer calls another person "woman".

In that case you might like this one. I'm not sure what I think of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGhHBMjj1zc

Bobby Sherman is definitely on the list, and maybe the Bee Gees. Love the Tamar Eisenman song, but I better put in a note to my friend that I'm not hitting on her! ha ha

Gokul43201 said:
And the one that Huck refuses to stoop to is probably Bryan Adams' "Have you ever really loved a woman".

I wholly support the decision. I'd rather jam forks into my ears than listen to that.

A mellow tune from Led Zeppelin.

Led Zeppelin -Thank You (studio)

Led Zeppelin -Thank You (live - BBC Sessions)

"If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.

Kind woman, I give you my all,
Kind woman, nothing more.

Little drops of rain whisper of the pain, tears of loves lost in the days gone by.
My love is strong, with you there is no wrong,
together we shall go until we die. My, my, my.
An inspiration is what you are to me, inspiration, look... see.

And so today, my world it smiles, your hand in mine, we walk the miles,
Thanks to you it will be done, for you to me are the only one.
Happiness, no more be sad, happiness...I'm glad.
If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. "

How about this sappy love song?

Firefall - You are the Woman

"Kind Woman" by Buffalo Springfield

http://new.music.yahoo.com/buffalo-springfield/tracks/kind-woman--486866 [Broken]

Math Is Hard said:
We just started saying it instead of "hey, man" to be gender appropriate. It was one of our feminist coworkers who started it.

:rofl:

We went shopping today. Marzena was looking for socks or something, and I was waiting between shelves surrounded by underwear in every possible size and color, when this label catched my attention:

hey_woman.jpg

There was one spare lying on the floor, I have it here, just in case :tongue2:

Borek... OH.. MY .. GOD! That is pure awesomeness. That will be the CD cover.

The Hollies! Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress.

And of course this one from Mungo Jerry

And one more

That last one features the seminal John Glascock on bass. Known to his friends as "Brittledick"

I promise this is my last:

Kate Bush's version of Mna na hEireann. For those of you who don't speak irish this means "Women of ireland"

I forgot to add the link

There was a puzzle word thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=71500

so I thought I'd relate it:

Songs with the word "woman" in them:

sonwomangs sowomanngs swomanongs

rootX said:
Just found combination of Alica Keys, Shania Twain, Bryan Adams, Led Zeppelin, and Elvis bit strange considering that Alica Keys is very new and mostly target teenagers I believe. So, most people over 30s wouldn't even know who is Alica Keys or that's what I always believed.

I know who Keys is and I like some of her music. I am 51.

<h2>1. What are some popular songs with the word "woman" in the title?</h2><p>Some popular songs with the word "woman" in the title include "Independent Women" by Destiny's Child, "I Am Woman" by Helen Reddy, "Respect" by Aretha Franklin, "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain, and "Woman" by John Lennon.</p><h2>2. Why do so many songs have the word "woman" in them?</h2><p>The word "woman" is often used in songs because it represents a powerful and influential figure in society. Many songwriters use the word to convey themes of love, strength, and empowerment.</p><h2>3. Are there any common themes or messages in songs with the word "woman" in them?</h2><p>Some common themes in songs with the word "woman" include celebrating female empowerment, acknowledging the strength and resilience of women, and exploring the complexities of relationships with women.</p><h2>4. Can you give some examples of songs with the word "woman" in them that have become anthems for women's rights?</h2><p>Some examples of songs with the word "woman" that have become anthems for women's rights include "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor, "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyoncé, "You Don't Own Me" by Lesley Gore, and "Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves" by Eurythmics and Aretha Franklin.</p><h2>5. How has the use of the word "woman" in songs evolved over time?</h2><p>The use of the word "woman" in songs has evolved over time to reflect changing societal attitudes towards women. In the past, it was often used in a derogatory or objectifying manner, but now it is more commonly used to celebrate and empower women.</p>

1. What are some popular songs with the word "woman" in the title?

Some popular songs with the word "woman" in the title include "Independent Women" by Destiny's Child, "I Am Woman" by Helen Reddy, "Respect" by Aretha Franklin, "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain, and "Woman" by John Lennon.

2. Why do so many songs have the word "woman" in them?

The word "woman" is often used in songs because it represents a powerful and influential figure in society. Many songwriters use the word to convey themes of love, strength, and empowerment.

3. Are there any common themes or messages in songs with the word "woman" in them?

Some common themes in songs with the word "woman" include celebrating female empowerment, acknowledging the strength and resilience of women, and exploring the complexities of relationships with women.

4. Can you give some examples of songs with the word "woman" in them that have become anthems for women's rights?

Some examples of songs with the word "woman" that have become anthems for women's rights include "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor, "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyoncé, "You Don't Own Me" by Lesley Gore, and "Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves" by Eurythmics and Aretha Franklin.

5. How has the use of the word "woman" in songs evolved over time?

The use of the word "woman" in songs has evolved over time to reflect changing societal attitudes towards women. In the past, it was often used in a derogatory or objectifying manner, but now it is more commonly used to celebrate and empower women.