Why Does My Battery Keep Running Down in a Closed Loop Charging System?

In summary, the conversation discusses a project to design a battery charging system using an alternator, an electric motor, and a battery connected in a closed loop. The problem is that the battery keeps running down, and the person is looking for help and references on similar projects. Suggestions are made to use a high voltage electric motor and a bipolar pulse current multiplier to increase efficiency. However, the overall idea of a "closed loop" perpetual motion machine is deemed impossible and not worth pursuing. The question remains about the purpose of the closed loop system.
stizzy
Hi i embarked on a project to design a battery charging system using an alternator, an electric motor and a battery all connected in a closed loop.
The battery powers the electric motor and in turn the electric motor powers the alternator and finally the alternator charges the battery.
My problem is the battery keeps running down and i don't seem to know why?
i was wondering if anyone could help with sites where something of this similar nature was done with references.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Oh you can't be serious. What do you expect the 'closed loop' system to do?

Try making the electric motor high voltage (to lower i^2R losses). Then use What is called a bipolar pulse current multiplier (BPPCM). Shown in a book by Moray King Quest For Zero Point Energy 2001. To make a BPPCM A connects to A in series + to - with respect to diodes with another circuit of same size. B connects to B in parallel i.e. +/+ -/-. Make the coils in the BPPCM large enough in AWG to help create more current. Yet not much current will be needed if you use a DC pulse motor at @ 3000V and only milliamps of current.
This will give a large current from the high voltage efficiently of your generator if it outputs a high voltage with a neon sign transformer or something. Then the output of this device will power a large capacitor to run the motor. The start of the motor involves charging up the large capacitor with a battery and plugging it into the circuit.

Attachments

• Bipolar pulse current multiplier.gif
    Bipolar pulse current multiplier.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 753
Averagesupernova said:
Oh you can't be serious. What do you expect the 'closed loop' system to do?
If you come up with a one or two liner someday that takes folks immediately to I-get-it-now about conservation of energy, please share. Meantime, the OP is likely holding the refrigerator door open to cool the house down.

When I was in school, our lab instructor told us not to expect help out of him unless you had something written down on paper before hand. In other words, don't do the experiment and take a bunch of measurements without having some kind of an idea ahead of time what to expect. I don't see that this venture should be any different. So, the question still remains: What do you expect the 'closed loop' system to do?

stizzy said:
My problem is the battery keeps running down and i don't seem to know why?

It keeps running down because the system is losing energy in the conversion process. You are describing a Perpetual Motion Machine which DO NOT EVER WORK! Don't waste your time.

CS

1. What is an alternator battery charger?

An alternator battery charger is a device that converts mechanical energy from a vehicle's engine into electrical energy to charge the battery. It is a crucial component in a vehicle's electrical system as it ensures that the battery stays charged and ready to power the car's accessories and start the engine.

2. How does an alternator battery charger work?

The alternator in a car works by using a belt-driven pulley system to turn a rotor inside the alternator. This rotor has a series of magnets and stator windings that generate an alternating current (AC) when it rotates. The AC current is then converted into direct current (DC) by a rectifier, which is used to charge the battery.

3. What are the signs of a failing alternator battery charger?

Some common signs of a failing alternator battery charger include dimming headlights, a dead battery, strange noises coming from the engine, and an illuminated battery warning light on the dashboard. If you experience any of these symptoms, it is important to get your alternator checked by a professional mechanic.

4. How long does an alternator battery charger last?

The lifespan of an alternator battery charger can vary depending on the make and model of your vehicle, as well as your driving habits. On average, an alternator can last anywhere from 80,000 to 150,000 miles. However, regular maintenance and replacing worn-out parts can help prolong its lifespan.

5. Can I replace my alternator battery charger myself?

Replacing an alternator battery charger can be a complex and challenging task, and it requires some knowledge of automotive mechanics. It is recommended to have a professional mechanic or technician replace the alternator to ensure it is done correctly. However, if you have experience and the necessary tools, it is possible to replace it yourself.