How Can I Connect a 36-Pin Wiring Black Box Without a Diagram?

In summary, a "Wiring Black Box - No Diagram" refers to a device or system with complex wiring but no accompanying diagram or instructions. This may be due to the age or customization of the device, or the lack of availability or transfer of instructions. To figure out the wiring without a diagram, one can use a multimeter, visually inspect the device, or seek assistance from the manufacturer or a professional electrician. However, there are potential risks of incorrect wiring that could lead to malfunctions or hazards. Some tips for successfully wiring a "Wiring Black Box - No Diagram" include carefully inspecting the device, labeling wires and connections, documenting the process, and taking time to double-check all connections.
Wetmelon
I know what this is SUPPOSED to do, but I have no diagram to show me how to hook up the *counts* 36 pins. Image attached.

Is there any hope for me, doc?

Attachments

• 100_1668.jpg
    100_1668.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 416
Engineering news on Phys.org
What is it supposed to do?

You might have to open up mutlisim and just make the wiring diagram your self by tracing through the circuit. You can also do it by hand.

It's supposed to do a lot of stuff, mainly activating solenoids. But I finally got a hold of the guy who made it and he had the diagrams:

Attachments

• Black Box Schematics.pdf
    57.4 KB · Views: 293

What is a "Wiring Black Box - No Diagram"?

A "Wiring Black Box - No Diagram" is a term used to describe a device or system that has complex wiring or connections but does not come with a diagram or instructions for how to wire it.

Why would someone need to use a "Wiring Black Box - No Diagram"?

There are a few reasons why someone might need to use a "Wiring Black Box - No Diagram." It could be because the device or system is older and the diagram or instructions are no longer available. It could also be because the device or system was custom-made and does not come with standard instructions. Lastly, it could be because the person using the device or system is not the original owner and did not receive the diagram or instructions.

How can someone figure out the wiring without a diagram?

There are a few ways to figure out the wiring of a "Wiring Black Box - No Diagram." One option is to use a multimeter to test the connections and determine which wires are connected to each other. Another option is to visually inspect the device or system and make educated guesses based on the types of components used. Additionally, reaching out to the manufacturer or contacting a professional electrician for assistance can also be helpful.

What are the potential risks of using a "Wiring Black Box - No Diagram"?

One of the main risks of using a "Wiring Black Box - No Diagram" is the potential for incorrect wiring, which could lead to malfunctions, damage to the device, or even electrical hazards. It is important to take extra precautions and thoroughly research the device or system before attempting to wire it without a diagram.

Are there any tips for successfully wiring a "Wiring Black Box - No Diagram"?

Yes, there are a few tips that can help with successfully wiring a "Wiring Black Box - No Diagram." First, carefully inspect the device or system and take note of any unique or unusual components. Next, label the wires and connections before making any changes to ensure they can be easily identified. It can also be helpful to document the wiring process and take photos for future reference. Lastly, take your time and double-check all connections before turning on the device or system.