AVG 2013 Issues: Have You Experienced Problems?

• Thread starter mathman
  • Start date
In summary, there have been reports of problems with AVG 2013, particularly with components such as the toolbar and site advisor causing slow performance on older computers. However, some users have not experienced any difficulties and have switched to other security options without any issues.
mathman
Science Advisor
I saw on another forum that there may be problems with AVG 2013. So far I can't see any difficulty. Is anyone aware of problems?

Computer science news on Phys.org
mathman said:
I saw on another forum that there may be problems with AVG 2013. So far I can't see any difficulty. Is anyone aware of problems?

Problems of what type? Bugs?

I've switched to MS Security Center several months ago and still haven't been infected with anything. AVG was starting to be a memory hog.

Components of AVG such as the toolbar and the site advisor certainly slow older computers down.

I cannot provide a definitive answer without more information about the specific issues being reported. However, it is not uncommon for software programs to encounter problems, and it is important for users to report any issues they experience in order for the developers to address and resolve them. It is also possible that some users may not have experienced any difficulties with AVG 2013, but it is always important to stay informed and vigilant in case any issues do arise. If you are experiencing problems with AVG 2013, I would recommend reaching out to their customer support for assistance.

1. What are some common issues with AVG 2013?

Some common issues with AVG 2013 include slow performance, frequent crashes, and compatibility issues with other software.

2. Why does AVG 2013 sometimes slow down my computer?

AVG 2013 may slow down your computer due to its constant scanning and monitoring for threats. It can also be caused by conflicts with other programs or not enough system resources.

3. How do I fix frequent crashes with AVG 2013?

To fix frequent crashes with AVG 2013, try updating to the latest version, disabling unnecessary features, or performing a clean reinstallation. If the issue persists, contact AVG customer support for further assistance.

4. Are there any known compatibility issues with AVG 2013?

Yes, there have been reported compatibility issues between AVG 2013 and other software such as VPNs, virtualization programs, and certain web browsers. It is recommended to check for compatibility before installing or updating AVG 2013.

5. How can I prevent future issues with AVG 2013?

To prevent future issues with AVG 2013, make sure to regularly update the program, run regular scans and maintenance, and ensure compatibility with other software. You can also consider using alternative antivirus programs if the issues persist.