Confusion of college major :cry:

In summary: that way, you will have a better understanding of the field and be proficient in the math that engineers use.
leon1127
i am planing on my major at this moment, and i am so confussed now because i don't know what way i should take.

here is some personal information about me
I am pretty confident in math and i have just taken AP Calculus BC, Phy-B, Phy-C, Chem, Environmental science, Computer Science A, and Statistic. let assume that i magically pass all of them, i will receive few college hours. However, i am planing to get 2 degrees from Math and EE.

Should i double major in both at the first place, and then get an MA in one field
or i should join some programs like "Fast Track", so that I can get a MA in 5 years. Then i pursue the other degree later on?
or if i should just get pursue a PhD in a particular field?
(these are just ideal situations... lol, but i still have to plan)

and what kind of engineering requires the most mathematical understanding?

could someone give lost little kid some advise plesae.

Physics news on Phys.org
How about a minor in Mathematics?

By the way, wrong forum...

Cyclovenom said:
How about a minor in Mathematics?

By the way, wrong forum...
sorrie

I am more intersted into Math than engineering, so I think math will be my "major" major, and then i will apply my Math technique to engineering. (i don't think they have minor degree in engineering anyways), I am willing to go to school everyday day including summer because i just want to get my degree as soon as possible.

leon1127 said:
sorrie

I am more intersted into Math than engineering, so I think math will be my "major" major, and then i will apply my Math technique to engineering. (i don't think they have minor degree in engineering anyways), I am willing to go to school everyday day including summer because i just want to get my degree as soon as possible.

I think that if you want math to be your major major, then definatly focus on math first. get your B.S, and then Get your M.S or M.A. If you want to use your math for engineering w/out being an engineer, I imagine you would want to get a graduate degree in math.

As for the engineering, math is an arts and science degree, meaning that it has room for many free electives. With this, use your free electives and summer classes to take engineering classes...

1. What is a college major and why is it important?

A college major is a specific field of study that a student chooses to focus on during their undergraduate education. It is important because it determines the courses a student will take and can impact their career options after graduation.

2. What should I do if I am confused about choosing a college major?

If you are confused about choosing a college major, it is important to explore your interests, skills, and values. You can also talk to academic advisors, career counselors, and professionals in fields that interest you for guidance and advice.

3. Can I change my college major once I have already started my undergraduate degree?

Yes, it is possible to change your college major once you have started your undergraduate degree. However, it may require taking additional courses and extending your time in college. It is important to consult with academic advisors and consider the potential impact on your graduation timeline.

4. How do I know which college major is right for me?

Choosing a college major is a personal decision and there is no one-size-fits-all answer. It is important to consider your interests, strengths, and career goals when determining which major is right for you. You can also explore different majors through internships, volunteering, and informational interviews.

5. Will my college major determine my career path?

Your college major can influence your career path, but it does not necessarily determine it. Many students end up in careers that are not directly related to their college major. Your skills, experiences, and networking efforts can also play a significant role in your career path.