Looking for Fellow Physics Enthusiasts: Join the Conversation!

• Thread starter leila
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physicists
In summary, the conversation revolves around a person in their 3rd year of an MPhys degree at St Andrews University looking to connect with others interested in physics or studying at university. The person is also curious about the differences in how universities teach and is willing to chat on MSN. They are also open to adding others from different fields, such as engineering.
leila
Hey,

I'm in my 3rd year of a MPhys degree at St Andrews University and I am looking to chat to more people who have an interest in physics or are doing a degree at Uni. It would be great to hear how universities differ in how they teach, and just general chit chat.

My msn is redshift71@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from of you intelligent folk soon

Physics news on Phys.org
Why not, looks like fun to compare programs.

I'll add you to my msn list.

I will be moving on to my 3rd and final (yay) year of BSc Physics and Astrophysics at Birmingham. Mine's nick@xyphias.com.

leila said:
Hey,

I'm in my 3rd year of a MPhys degree at St Andrews University and I am looking to chat to more people who have an interest in physics or are doing a degree at Uni. It would be great to hear how universities differ in how they teach, and just general chit chat.

My msn is redshift71@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from of you intelligent folk soon

If you mention your a girl you'll get 3 times as many responses. :rofl: :wink:

LOL, how true. Are engineering majors welcome? I'm pretty sure they will try to slip in a bit of physics here and there as I progress towards my degree :biggrin: .

<runs to download msn>

I felt so special after receiving a private message from this person, I think this thread has worn away a bit of the charm.

1. How can I meet more physicists?

One way to meet more physicists is to attend conferences, seminars, and other events related to your field of interest. You can also join professional organizations or online communities where physicists gather to network and share knowledge.

2. Are there any online platforms to connect with physicists?

Yes, there are various online platforms such as LinkedIn, ResearchGate, and Twitter where you can connect with physicists from all over the world. These platforms also offer opportunities to join discussion groups and participate in scientific discussions.

3. Can I reach out to physicists directly through email?

Yes, you can reach out to physicists directly through email, especially if you are interested in collaborating on a research project or have a specific question related to their work. However, it is important to be respectful of their time and only contact them if you have a genuine reason for doing so.

4. Is it important to attend conferences to meet physicists?

While attending conferences is a great way to meet physicists, it is not the only way. You can also connect with them through social media, professional organizations, and online communities. However, attending conferences can provide valuable networking opportunities and allow you to meet physicists in person.

5. Can I meet physicists from different fields of study?

Yes, you can meet physicists from different fields of study by attending interdisciplinary conferences and events, joining online communities, and collaborating on research projects. It is important to have a diverse network of physicists as it can lead to new perspectives and collaborations.