Help with topic for 10 page paper

In summary, my physics teacher has assigned a 10 page paper to be completed by the end of the year. This is my senior year just for reference. I would like to pick a topic in the Aerospace engineering field, and who better than you guys to help me find a good topic to do my project on. Here are my requirements:- 10 sources- 2 periodicals- 2 references- 2 professional journals- 2 books- 2 othersIf there is ambiguity about what the minimum requirements, you are setting yourself up for potential disaster. In this case it is no big deal however, we here hope you choose to become an engineer and then it becomes very important.
jgb768
Ok, my physics teacher has a assigned a 10 page paper to be completed by the end of the year. this is my senior year just for refrence. I would like to pick a topic in the Aerospace engineering field, and who better than u guys to help me find a good topic to do my project on. Here are my requirements

10 sources
  • 2 periodicals
  • 2 references
  • 2 professional journals
  • 2 books
  • 2 others

The topic can be ANYTHING, as long as he approves it, challenging is better, all ideas are appreciated, and would be of un-measurable help. thx

Engineering news on Phys.org
jgb768 said:
10 sources
  • 2 periodicals
  • 2 references
  • 2 professional journals
  • 2 books
  • 2 others

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference"

What according to your teacher is the difference between a reference and a book or journal article since they are bulleted separately?

There are many great topics and aerospace is definitely a good field my friend.
A great topic which would not be too specific is for instance, the effect that computer modeling has had on aerospace design. there are many different sources on CFD (computational Fluid Dynamics) or etc. you don't have to talk in great detail about the math behind it but just about trends.

Last edited by a moderator:
lets not get into the sources now : p i just need topics

2 refrences
" other than encyclopedia or world book"

For starters:

- Engine acoustic sources and their control
- Boundary layer control
- Swept blade aerodynamics
- Reduction of emissions for jet engines
- Compressor surges, rotating compressor stalls
- Forward swept wing aerodynamics
- Pros and cons of various alternative fuels
- Compressible fluid flows
- Modern materials used in aerospace
- Manufacturing processes used in aerospace
- Examination of rocket engine exhaust plumes
- Aircraft jet engine inlet design

jgb768 said:
lets not get into the sources now : p i just need topics

2 refrences
" other than encyclopedia or world book"

Still doesn't make sense

I think FerdGarvin and I have a different understanding. You mean senior year of high school correct?

si... its my senior year of high school

honestly ur getting way too concerned with the refrences. my teacher isn't picky and it dosent really matter, i just put that up for more detailed info to help u suggest more useful topics, which might i add, are really really really good topics, I am having a hard time deciding what to do because i like all of them = )

jgb768 said:
si... its my senior year of high school
Oh. Crud. Sorry about that. I thought you meant of undergrad. No big whoop. I suppose you can get as in depth with any of those topics as you like.

haha...im sorry bout that, i didnt mean to confuse you... by the way, i love ur quote from Elanore Roosevelt, that's a great quote

I am not trying to nag about the references but rather teach you something, a task project whatever it may be is only completed successfully when:

1. It is within cost (of no concern for you)
2. It is within time (you submit it late you will receive an F)
3. It meets the minimum requirements

If there is ambiguity about what the minimum requirements, you are setting yourself up for potential disaster. In this case it is no big deal however, we here hope you choose to become an engineer and then it becomes very important.

My point is, do not accept tasks to easily without a thorough understanding between you and the sponsor (your teacher).

jaap de vries said:
1. It is within cost (of no concern for you)

what did u mean by that?

And yes... I plan on attending graduate school at Texas A&M to major in Aerospace egineering. and maybe get a job at Lockheed martin...maybe lol

I meant that in this case you don't have any cost the scope of your "project" is to research a topic and write an article.

A&M is a great school and I don't know if you live close to college station but I could give you a tour if you are in the neighborhood of College Station. In my opinion it is the number one school for turbo machinery in pumps at least from a industries perspective.

Topics:

trends in stealth technology
propulsion types- features, uses, benefits, problems
propulsion- evolution
basic flight principles, bernoulli's eq. (incompressible flow), control surfaces

Some of these might challenge you, but they're definitely within your reach as a HS Senior.

do you work at Texas A & M? I am sort of close to college station, i live in shreveport, LA

Who?

I don't work there.

jaap de vries said:
A&M is a great school and I don't know if you live close to college station but I could give you a tour if you are in the neighborhood of College Station. In my opinion it is the number one school for turbo machinery in pumps at least from a industries perspective.

I was replying to jaap, sorry for the confusion

Yes I do I am working on my PhD in Mechanical Engineering and I work in the Turbo Machinery Lab. I would have no problem giving you a tour. This is a great school with nice traditions.

What is the best way to choose a topic for a 10 page paper?

The best way to choose a topic for a 10 page paper is to start by brainstorming ideas that interest you. Consider your personal experiences, current events, or any topics that you have a strong passion for. Then, narrow down your list by conducting preliminary research to ensure there is enough information available to support a 10-page paper.

How do I know if my topic is too broad or too narrow for a 10 page paper?

If your topic is too broad, you may find yourself struggling to cover all aspects of it within the limited page count. On the other hand, if your topic is too narrow, you may have difficulty finding enough information to support a 10-page paper. To avoid these issues, make sure your topic is specific enough to be manageable, but also broad enough to provide enough material for a 10-page paper.

How can I ensure that my topic is relevant and significant?

To ensure that your topic is relevant and significant, consider its impact and importance in the current academic or real-world context. Look for recent studies or debates on the topic, and consider how your paper can contribute to the existing knowledge or discussion. Additionally, make sure your topic aligns with the goals and guidelines of your assignment or course.

What are some reliable sources to use for my 10 page paper?

Some reliable sources to use for a 10-page paper include academic journals, books from reputable publishers, government websites, and credible news sources. Avoid using sources that lack authority or have a biased perspective. It is also important to critically evaluate your sources and ensure they are relevant and reliable.

How should I structure my 10 page paper?

A typical structure for a 10-page paper includes an introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion. However, the specific structure may vary depending on your topic and the requirements of your assignment. It is important to create an outline before writing to ensure a logical flow of ideas and a coherent structure for your paper.