Need help in build a cylindrical arm robotfinal project

In summary, the speaker is a student at Ungku Omar Polytechnic seeking advice on how to build a cylindrical robot with a length of 550mm and height of 650mm that can carry a load of 1-2 kg. They are also asking for recommendations on the type of motor, actuator, and body material to use, as well as the microcontroller needed to control the motor. The speaker also mentions that this project is their group's final project and they are seeking help and support from others. They acknowledge that the choice of motor and microcontroller will depend on the specific application of the robot.
SHAZRIL
I am a student at ungku omar polytechnic.i want to ask someone that is good in engineering robot.i want to know how to make the cylindrical robot,do i have to used ball screw or belting as an actuator.I want to a build a small robot only about 550mm long and 650 mm hight.It can pull load of about 2 kg or 1 kg.Can i know also how the connection and what microcontroller that i have to used to make it function.I also want to ask what motor that is suitable for the making of this such robot.the axample is like the robot built at st robotics types r 19.I also want to know what types of body do we need to used.We plan to used fiber or aluminium or titanium.But can you suggest , what is good from this three types of body part.
I also want to know what types of gripper is more easy and cheap to be used in this kind of robot.

Is is cylindrical arm robot for studies only.

This is my group final project and we need help.

We hope to get result or support from other that kind.

The part we need is part that cheap for student used.

thanks.

hope to hear soon.

Engineering news on Phys.org
everything you asked entirely depends upon the application to which the robot will be put. Motor has to be just powerful to power whatever needs to be powered. For example, 1-2 kg mass is to be pulled, in what direction? horizontal? vertical? calculate the power required. Regarding actuator, think of what you need, high reduction? accuracy? (cost?..)

can i know what types of motor that i need to used for directional front to back and back to front,up and down and lastly rotation motor.Do i hove to used stepper,dc motor or servo motor??

I also want to know what is the microcontroller that has to be used to control the motor...the circuit...i mean..

please help our project group..

SHAZRIL said:
can i know what types of motor that i need to used for directional front to back and back to front,up and down and lastly rotation motor.Do i hove to used stepper,dc motor or servo motor??

think of what advantage does a DC motor, a servo & a stepper has, do you know what are their limitations? weigh several aspects of these motors against your application, & choose the one which suits you best.

i am not able to understand what you mean by front to back, front to back..., can you show a schematic?

I also want to know what is the microcontroller that has to be used to control the motor...the circuit...i mean..
its no use even if you know which micro controller to use until you know how to use it, or more precisely what it is. Your best bet would be to rope in someone who knows embedded systems.

What is a cylindrical arm robot?

A cylindrical arm robot is a type of robot that has a cylindrical-shaped arm for movement and manipulation. It is typically used for tasks that require precision and dexterity, such as assembly, welding, and painting.

What is the purpose of the "Need help in build a cylindrical arm robotfinal project" project?

The purpose of this project is to design and build a functioning cylindrical arm robot for a final project in a robotics course. This project will require knowledge of electronics, mechanics, and programming to successfully complete.

What materials and components are needed to build a cylindrical arm robot?

To build a cylindrical arm robot, you will need materials such as metal or plastic for the arm structure, servo motors for movement, sensors for feedback, and a microcontroller for programming. Other components may include gears, bearings, and wiring.

What skills are required to successfully build a cylindrical arm robot?

This project will require a combination of skills such as mechanical design, electrical wiring, programming, and problem-solving. It is helpful to have prior knowledge or experience in robotics or engineering, but it is not necessary.

What are some potential challenges in building a cylindrical arm robot?

Some potential challenges in building a cylindrical arm robot include designing and constructing a sturdy and functional arm structure, programming the movements and tasks of the robot, and troubleshooting any technical issues that may arise. Time management and budget constraints may also be factors to consider.