Divine what i have hid over this verse must you go. utter each

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a verse that is a double acrostic, with the first and last letters of each line spelling out the answer. The speaker mentions that they could have made it harder by having the last letters spell the answer from the bottom up. The other person in the conversation tried to find more meaning in the verse, but the speaker clarifies that it was not intentionally composed that way.
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
divine what i have hid...

over this verse must you go.
utter each line so you
believe you are not dumb.
look up; look down; all !
every which way you see,
a pattern will be. just as a
circle be twice an arc.
right and left appear
overtly identical, so
such a verse as this,
twice, may be told apart,
in just the way i
call a circle twice an arc.

Physics news on Phys.org
Is it something other than the fact that the first and last letters of each line are the same?

You're half-way there.

double acrostic

Gokul43201 said:
over this verse must you go...

circle be twice an arc...

overtly identical, so...

call a circle twice an arc...

i believe that the answer to this is in these four lines.
bcoz 'o' and 'c' are the only 2 alphabets occurring twice at beginning of the lines, and the answer could be obtained if they are told apart.

also, i am not sure but is it that by the words "circle" and "arc", you mean 'o' and 'c'.

in any case i am not able to find out what this will finally conclude as, but i hope i am on the right track of thought or else i will have to start all over again.

AKG has it.

The verse is of a form known as a double acrostic. I could have made it harder by having the last letters spell the answer from the bottom upwards.

vikas, you tried to read more into my verse than I put into it. Unfortunately, I didn't take the time to compose anything especially intelligent (with perhaps the connections you suggest). Interesting observations though - but they are just coincidental !

1. What does "divine" mean in this context?

In this context, "divine" means to uncover or reveal something that is hidden or unknown. It can also refer to understanding or interpreting something in a spiritual or supernatural sense.

2. What is being hidden over the verse in question?

It is not specified in the verse what is being hidden, but it can be interpreted as a metaphor for a deeper meaning or message within the verse itself.

3. Why must one "utter each" in order to divine what is hidden?

The phrase "utter each" could mean to carefully and thoroughly examine each word or aspect of the verse in order to fully understand its meaning. It could also suggest speaking or vocalizing the verse in order to reveal its hidden message.

4. Is there a specific method or process for divining what is hidden in this verse?

There is no specific method or process mentioned in the verse itself. However, one could use various techniques such as close reading, interpretation, or meditation to uncover the hidden meaning.

5. What is the significance of the word "must" in this verse?

The word "must" indicates that it is necessary or required to take action in order to uncover the hidden message. It emphasizes the importance of actively seeking understanding rather than simply accepting the surface meaning of the verse.