Dispersive Component of Surface Energy

by Unto
Tags: component, dispersive, energy, surface
Unto
Jul23-13, 10:44 AM
P: 121
Hello, I'm doing an MSc project concerned with the treatment of plastic polymers with an μ-APPJ. I have been getting a tonne of results on different plastics using an APPJ of He carrier gas with an Oxygen admixture of 1/2, 1 & 2%.

However, in my analysis I'm unsure of what the dispersive component of the surface energy is and why it more or less stays the same.

Can someone give me a definition of what it is? I think its to do with van der waals but nothing on the net is giving me a good answer.

Is it supposed to stay the same irrespective of whether the material has been heated up or its polar component increases?

How would I interpretate my data on the surface energies for example:

For convention, -5mins to 0mins is the 5minutes of plasma treatment. I'm not measuring the plastic during this time, hence the constant values and the discontinuity when I first measure it after treatment.
This is one of my preliminary results with Acetate plastic. Treated 1 run with He gas, 2nd run with He + O2. The legend will tell you. The dispersive components stay relatively the same, why?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Chameleon crystals could enable active camouflage (w/ video)
Atomic switcheroo explains origins of thin-film solar cell mystery
X-ray laser experiment explores how specially shocked material gets stronger
Unto
Jul25-13, 05:04 AM
Can anyone tell me what the definition of Dispersive Component is?
Unto
Jul30-13, 07:15 AM
Bump, I still don't know what constitutes the Dispersive Component of Surface Energy.

Register to reply