Disneyland Trivia: Test Your Knowledge & See What You've Missed!

• Thread starter rcgldr
  • Start date
In summary, the tallest structure at Disneyland is Splash Mountain, and the Wicked Queen from Snow White can be seen at the Peter Pan ride. The plaque with the telegraph code from Walt Disney's opening day speech is located at the south end of Main Street, and the half-court sized basketball court is inside the Matterhorn. At Walt Disney World, the tallest structure is Space Mountain, and the old Carnation Plaza Gardens plaque can be found near the nearby Mexican restaurant.
rcgldr
Homework Helper
ZapperZ should like this thread ...

No fair cheating with a web search:

What is the tallest structure at Disneyland?

A rare sight - one of the things you should be looking for is the witch (correction, the wicked queen) from Sleeping Beauty opening curtains and peering out onto the crowd below (you can see her from a line for one of the rides). Most people don't even notice the witch is there. So where is the window with the witch?

At the New Orleans area train station you can hear a telegraph clicking away. What it is clicking is a message on a plaque elsewhere in the park. Where is this plaque?

Ok, this one will be tough unless you cheat:
Where is the half-court sized baskeball court?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
rcgldr said:
ZapperZ should like this thread ...

No fair cheating with a web search:

What is the tallest structure at Disneyland?

A rare sight - one of the things you should be looking for is the witch from Sleeping Beauty opening curtains and peering out onto the crowd below (you can see her from a line for one of the rides). Most people don't even notice the witch is there. So where is the window with the witch?

At the New Orleans area train station you can hear a telegraph clicking away. What it is clicking is a message on a plaque elsewhere in the park. Where is this plaque?

Ok, this one will be tough unless you cheat:
Where is the half-court sized baskeball court?
Tallest structure at Disneyland- I'm going to say is Splash Mountain. Unless you're including California Adventure, which in that case would be the Tower of Terror.
I've never seen a Witch (presumably Maleficent) appearing from a window from Sleeping Beauty's castle, but I have seen the Wicked Queen above Snow White's Scary Adventures.
The plaque- I'm going to guess, is at the Main Street Train Station.
The half-court sized basketball court is inside the Matterhorn.

shaddai91 said:
Tallest structure at Disneyland- I'm going to say is Splash Mountain.
Tallest structure is Space Mountain.
shaddai91 said:
I have seen the Wicked Queen above Snow White's Scary Adventures.
Yes I got that question wrong. Most people will notice this while standing in line for the Peter Pan ride. At one time the curtains would open by different amounts, but now they always go fully open.
shaddai91 said:
The plaque- I'm going to guess, is at the Main Street Train Station.
The code is the older Continetal Code instead of the current Morse Code (11 of the letters are different) It's from Walt Disney's opening day dedication speech, which is on a dedication plaque (1955) that is at the south end of Main Street. The telegraph plays a portion of the message on the plaque and there's a slight difference in the wording. It was messed up when converted from a tape loop to a digital recording but the digital recording was fixed later. What it plays now is: "To all who come to disneyland, welcome. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future."

Dedication%2004.jpg

shaddai91 said:
The half-court sized basketball court is inside the Matterhorn.
Corrrect.

Another bit of trivia, now that Carnation Plaza Gardens has been converted to Fantasy Faire, the old CPG plaque is located above the nearby passage way that leads to the nearby Mexican restaurant and onto Frontier land. During the conversion, the swing dancing was moved to near the ESPN zone in downtown Disney, but it's now back at Fantasy Faire on Saturdays from 7:30 pm to 11:00 pm.

Last edited:
Surprisingly enough, I am not that good with the history and trivia of Disneyland. Most of my interest has been Walt Disney World, since that is where I spend most of my vacation.

So what is the tallest structure in all of Walt Disney World theme parks?

Zz.

I appreciate the attention to detail and hidden gems at Disneyland. The tallest structure at Disneyland is the Matterhorn Bobsleds, standing at 147 feet tall. The witch from Sleeping Beauty can be seen in the window of the castle at the Fantasyland area. The telegraph clicking at the New Orleans train station is relaying a message from a plaque located at the Main Street train station. The half-court sized basketball court is located inside the Matterhorn structure, hidden from public view. It's fascinating to see how even the smallest details are carefully thought out in the design of Disneyland.

1. What is the original name of Disneyland?

The original name of Disneyland was "Disneyland Park". It was later changed to "Disneyland" for simplicity.

2. When did Disneyland first open?

Disneyland first opened on July 17, 1955.

3. What is the most visited theme park in the world?

As of 2021, the most visited theme park in the world is Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Florida.

4. How many lands are in Disneyland?

There are 8 lands in Disneyland: Main Street, U.S.A., Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country, and Mickey's Toontown.

5. What is the name of the iconic castle at Disneyland?

The iconic castle at Disneyland is Sleeping Beauty Castle, inspired by the castle in the Disney animated film, Sleeping Beauty.

Back