A poor US worker is beheaded, and all the press covers are gay's weddings?

• News
  • Thread starter Tassel
  • Start date
In summary, a poor American worker was brutally beheaded in Iraq, but the mainstream press chose to focus on stories about gay weddings instead. The incident highlights the bias and shallow nature of American media, who prioritize sensational and profitable content over important news. The press should strive for multiple sources of information and give appropriate coverage to significant events.
Tassel
A poor US worker is beheaded, and all the press covers are gay's weddings?!

:cry: :cry: :cry: It really angers ! The poor fellow was an innocent worker; openminded, not putting down the culture or anything. He was a Jew, and going over their to help rebuild the country. They brutally behead him, in the most twisted fashion. He did absolutly nothing wrong to desirve this!
The mainstream presses (a.k.a Sacramento Bee...Boston Chronical...etc) hardely cover this. Instead, there is a huge story about gay's weddings (which I am not even going to talk about), and a little corner about this whole, horrible incedent!
I've been itching to get this out! I'm not exactly a supporter of Gay weddings (civil unions, yes), and good for them that they are happy, but for ****** sakes! A poor, innocent contracter was beheaded! Now the Iroqe prison scandal (yes, pretty bad, but they all are alive and well) was draged on and on, but this barely even gets a mention! Good Lo*d! The bigstream press has become so byest! Why, they hardely even(if even) covered the seron gas find! What would they call that? Not a weapon of mass destruction? Grrrr! It really angers me! Our brave troops are over there doing their best to bring democracy and civil rest to Iraq, and the mainstream press is just...
Well...my point is that I'm VERY displeased with the mainstream press coverage! Have more than once source of imfo! Please!

Physics news on Phys.org

I'm just trying to figure out what you're doing in CA CA, is that deep CA CA or just a li'l CA CA?

He's an American. That alone is justification for them to kill him.

yes, pretty bad, but they all are alive and well
That's the problem: they aren't. US military forces and civilian contractors running prisons in Afghanistan, Cuba, and Iraq are being investigated for the deaths of more than 25 people under their custody, and the beatings and rapes of others.

But yes, you are right. The murder of an innocent civilian seems a tad more important than whether Rupert and Steve can get a married couple tax break.

Then again, this entire incident shows the vacuity present in American media. They honored Berg for a while then moved to new material to further their profits. Specifically content that seems controversial, yellow journalism and the like. Follow the money trail...

It's the same here, of course. The press act all sincere and sad about a death or two, then smile and present a story about tax breaks and puppies.

1. What is the significance of a poor US worker being beheaded in the media?

The media often covers stories that are considered newsworthy or relevant to current events. The beheading of a US worker could be seen as a shocking and tragic event, garnering attention and coverage.

2. Why is the press covering gay weddings instead of the beheading of a US worker?

The media often covers a variety of topics and events, and different outlets may prioritize certain stories over others. Additionally, the media may view the coverage of gay weddings as more positive and uplifting compared to the violence and tragedy of the beheading, and therefore choose to focus on it.

3. Is the media intentionally ignoring the beheading of a US worker?

It is unlikely that the media is intentionally ignoring the beheading of a US worker. The media may have limited resources and must choose which stories to cover based on their perceived importance and relevance.

4. How does the media decide which stories to cover?

The media often takes into account factors such as newsworthiness, relevance, and audience interest when deciding which stories to cover. They may also consider the resources and time needed to cover a particular story.

5. Why is the beheading of a US worker not receiving as much coverage as other events?

The media may prioritize certain stories over others based on their perceived importance and relevance. Additionally, the media may have limited resources and cannot cover every story in depth. Other events, such as natural disasters or political scandals, may also be receiving more coverage at the time.

Back