Can't start thread in Math & Science Learning Materials

• Thread starter Grep
  • Start date
In summary, users were unable to post new threads in certain forums due to not having sufficient privileges. Additionally, the National Academies Press made 4000 PDFs available for free download.
Grep
Just tried to post a new thread to Math & Science Learning Materials, but it tells me I can't. Same for Introductory Physics Learning Materials (which was just a test). Is that normal? I see nothing indicating it's restricted in any way, and I'm fairly sure I've committed no infractions or otherwise been anything but helpful. Perhaps I'm missing something. It's been a long week.

The National Academies Press just made about 4000 PDFs free downloads. Thought that was well worth posting.

Physics news on Phys.org
What exactly did the message say?

Evo said:
What exactly did the message say?

Sorry, I figured you guys would know the message, but as a software developer, I should know better than to not post the error. :redface:

It said this after clicking the "New Topic" button:

Grep, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Happens to me too. It is because you do not have administrative privileges, such as being a Mentor, Homework Helper, etc. You should post in the General Discussion forum and ask someone to move it to the Math and Science Materials.

I'm getting the same message, so you probably need to be a mentor.

1. Why am I unable to start a thread in Math & Science Learning Materials?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to start a thread in the Math & Science Learning Materials section. One possible reason is that you do not have the necessary permissions or access to create a thread in this specific section. Another reason could be that the forum is undergoing maintenance or experiencing technical issues. It is also possible that the moderators have temporarily disabled new threads in this section.

2. Can I still participate in discussions even if I can't start a thread in Math & Science Learning Materials?

Yes, you can still participate in discussions and contribute to existing threads in the Math & Science Learning Materials section. You can share your thoughts, ask questions, and provide answers to other users' posts.

3. How can I request permission to start a thread in Math & Science Learning Materials?

If you believe you have relevant and valuable content to share in the Math & Science Learning Materials section, you can contact the forum moderators or administrators to request permission. They will review your request and may grant you access to create threads in this section if they deem it appropriate.

4. Are there any specific guidelines for creating threads in Math & Science Learning Materials?

Yes, there may be specific guidelines or rules for creating threads in the Math & Science Learning Materials section. It is recommended to read the forum's rules and guidelines before creating a thread to ensure that your post follows the community's standards. This will also increase the chances of your thread being approved by the moderators.

5. Can I post any type of content in the Math & Science Learning Materials section?

No, it is important to ensure that the content you post in the Math & Science Learning Materials section is relevant and appropriate for the forum's purpose. This section is specifically intended for discussions and resources related to mathematics and science learning materials. Any irrelevant or inappropriate content may be removed by the moderators.