Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: lpbug@physicsforums.comI think you should try emailing your messages to mail.physicsforums.com instead. That way everyone can access your messages.
lpbug said:
umm... srry but when i typed in my e-mail as u said it
lpbug@physicsforums.com
its doesn't send to my inbox...
but the mail.physicsfourms.com works fine...
im sort of new so ya...

did you sign up at this link?
https://domains.live.com/members/signup.aspx?domain=physicsforums.com [Broken]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
did you sign up at this link?
https://domains.live.com/members/signup.aspx?domain=physicsforums.com [Broken]
Ya i did but i don't know how to send an e-mail to myself using the new domain...
=(

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for accepting me as a new member

Thank you

Thanks a lot, my email is ElectroPhysics "at" physicsforums.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.

its good to about this

Wewt!

ginko <at> physicsforums <dawt> com is get! :D

Thank ye, thank ye!

good idea..
i will make my own one

thank alot,,,

dissiteissimplyfantastic...

Is anyone able to receive emails in their PF account because I tried emailing myself via gmail and an error occurs. Also would it be possible to get _______@PF.com or @PFMail.com to work as well?

zmike said:
Is anyone able to receive emails in their PF account because I tried emailing myself via gmail and an error occurs. Also would it be possible to get _______@PF.com or @PFMail.com to work as well?

Can anyone else confirm?

I don't own pf.com or pfmail.com at this time so it's not possible, sorry :)

Just mailed myself from gmail to my physicsforums.com mail account - it worked fine.

Do these addresses support checking mail from a third-party e-mail client? I already have three or four e-mail addresses and don't really feel like going to the inconvenience of checking all of them in my browser- they're all right there in Thunderbird for me.

Shailen Sobhe said:
It would be cool if the e-mails were provided by GMail, because some people here, linux users like me, are anti-microsoft and have solemnly pledged never to open any microsoft site in their browser.
What ev. I use Linux, I like it, but I also use Mac OS X and Windows on the same machine. Being anti-Microsoft is pointless; I'm just opposed to paying a lot for crappy software. (My uni provides free copies of MS software, which is the only reason I have it)

On another note, since you're so opposed to ever navigating your browser to a site maintained by Microsoft, I know something better than rickrolling to use against you...:devil:

OH !George Mun Yod Maak(HoW aCooL)

Greg, its been so long and you haven't fixed this yet!

I can send, but not receive. The bounce back message I get is:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (state 14)

I wanted to get away from the norm of having a @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc addresses and have purchased my own domain. But it would be awesome to have a [fully] working @physicsforums.com email. Kinda looks good on resumes.

ranger said:
Greg, its been so long and you haven't fixed this yet!

I can send, but not receive. The bounce back message I get is:

I wanted to get away from the norm of having a @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc addresses and have purchased my own domain. But it would be awesome to have a [fully] working @physicsforums.com email. Kinda looks good on resumes.

Sorry it has taken me so long here. Why is google trying to deliver the message? It should be hotmail.

I sent a test e-mail from my account and it seems ok.

Its working fine. Opened an account today. It seems great owing a email id with an "@physicsforums.com".. wow! Thanks Greg.

YAY!
I got it!
Its much better than the dumb hotmail.

I got mine too !

Thanks Greg

I have two questions. I couldn't find a suitable thread(s)! So, I am here.

(1) How do I change my user name and password?

(2) Where is a thread where physicists can present/discuss out-of-mainstraem topics?

Thanks.

SinghRP said:
I have two questions. I couldn't find a suitable thread(s)! So, I am here.

(1) How do I change my user name and password?

(2) Where is a thread where physicists can present/discuss out-of-mainstraem topics?

Thanks.

It's essentially a hotmail account so I assume through their system. There are not areas on PF to discuss non mainstream topics.

Does it still work?

Greg Bernhardt said:
We have 325 PF email accounts! :)

Whatever floats your boat, but I must admit I don't get the point of this. Currently all my email comes to my standard email address and Thunderbird is set to automatically drop PF emails into its own folder. What is the advantage of another email address?

Note that the OP is from Sep 19, 2008.

To Jjjxy at Post 5:
I did not get a clear answer as to how I can change my username! I don't know what "hotmail" is related to PF?
I think there should be a thread where people can discuss freely outside the box.

SinghRP said:
I think there should be a thread where people can discuss freely outside the box.

Feel free to start your own forum for that.

From Hotmail to Windows Live and now Outlook. :(

<h2>What is "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now"?</h2><p>"Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" is a feature on PhysicsForums that allows users to sign up for a personalized email address associated with their account on the forum.</p><h2>How do I sign up for "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now"?</h2><p>To sign up for "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now", simply go to the PhysicsForums website and click on the "Get Email" button. You will then be prompted to create a username and password for your email account.</p><h2>Can I use my "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email for other purposes?</h2><p>Yes, you can use your "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email for other purposes such as personal or professional communication. However, please note that the email service is provided by PhysicsForums and is subject to the forum's terms and conditions.</p><h2>Is there a cost for using "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now"?</h2><p>No, there is no cost for using "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now". It is a free feature for all registered users on PhysicsForums.</p><h2>Can I change my "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email address?</h2><p>Yes, you can change your "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email address at any time. Simply go to your account settings and follow the instructions to change your email address. Please note that your old email address will no longer be valid once you change it.</p>

What is "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now"?

"Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" is a feature on PhysicsForums that allows users to sign up for a personalized email address associated with their account on the forum.

How do I sign up for "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now"?

To sign up for "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now", simply go to the PhysicsForums website and click on the "Get Email" button. You will then be prompted to create a username and password for your email account.

Can I use my "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email for other purposes?

Yes, you can use your "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email for other purposes such as personal or professional communication. However, please note that the email service is provided by PhysicsForums and is subject to the forum's terms and conditions.

Is there a cost for using "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now"?

No, there is no cost for using "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now". It is a free feature for all registered users on PhysicsForums.

Can I change my "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email address?

Yes, you can change your "Get PhysicsForums Email | Sign Up Now" email address at any time. Simply go to your account settings and follow the instructions to change your email address. Please note that your old email address will no longer be valid once you change it.