Troubleshooting Ln: Tips to Improve Sleep

In summary: It seems like it pops right out from the chain rule.Yep. y= ln\left[x+ (1+x^2)^{\frac{1}{2}}\right]soy'= \frac{1}{x+(1+x^2)^{\frac{1}{2}}}\left(1+(\frac{1}{2})(1+ x^2)^{-\frac{1}{2}}(2x)\right)\) Now factor that (1+ x^2)^{-\frac{1}{2}}\left(\frac{dy}{dx}\right)^2= 1out of the numer
Focus
I've had troubled sleep because of this...:cry:
ln.jpg

I tryed a lot and got this...
metryln.jpg

Can you spot any mistakes or give me hints on how to approach this:yuck:
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
That is an equation that shows the "complex variable" version of arcsinh (x) as equal to the integral version of it (on real values). Like a definition. You obtain the first with the complex functions sinhz and some algebra, and the second one with a trigonometric substitution (or using mathematica, hehe)

SebastianG said:
That is an equation that shows the "complex variable" version of arcsinh (x) as equal to the integral version of it (on real values). Like a definition. You obtain the first with the complex functions sinhz and some algebra, and the second one with a trigonometric substitution (or using mathematica, hehe)
I am so confused...I know that the second one can be obtained by using y=arsinh(x) but I can't get the log of the function to differentiate to that:uhh:

It helps a lot if you write it clearly! I think you mean that IF
[tex]y= ln\left[x+ (1+x^2)^{\frac{1}{2}}\right][/tex]
then
[tex](1+x^2)\left(\frac{dy}{dx}\right)^2= 1[/tex]
which is the same as saying that
[tex]\frac{dy}{dx}= \frac{1}{(1+x^2)^{\frac{1}{2}}}[/tex]

HallsofIvy said:
It helps a lot if you write it clearly! I think you mean that IF
[tex]y= ln\left[x+ (1+x^2)^{\frac{1}{2}}\right][/tex]
then
[tex](1+x^2)\left(\frac{dy}{dx}\right)^2= 1[/tex]
which is the same as saying that
[tex]\frac{dy}{dx}= \frac{1}{(1+x^2)^{\frac{1}{2}}}[/tex]
The problem is I can't derive [tex]\frac{dy}{dx}= \frac{1}{(1+x^2)^{\frac{1}{2}}}[/tex] from [tex]y= ln\left[x+ (1+x^2)^{\frac{1}{2}}\right][/tex]...
I can only derive it from y=arsinh(x)

Focus said:
The problem is I can't derive [tex]\frac{dy}{dx}= \frac{1}{(1+x^2)^{\frac{1}{2}}}[/tex] from [tex]y= ln\left[x+ (1+x^2)^{\frac{1}{2}}\right][/tex]...
I can only derive it from y=arsinh(x)

It seems like it pops right out from the chain rule.

Yep.
[tex]y= ln\left[x+ (1+x^2)^{\frac{1}{2}}\right][/tex]so
[tex]y'= \frac{1}{x+(1+x^2)^{\frac{1}{2}}}\left(1+(\frac{1}{2})(1+ x^2)^{-\frac{1}{2}}(2x)\right)\)[/tex]
Now factor that
[tex](1+ x^2)^{-\frac{1}{2}}[/tex]
out of the numerator and every thing else cancels!

Hmmm...I tried that but I'll do it again, cheers for the help :smile:

1. How can I improve my sleep quality?

There are several steps you can take to improve your sleep quality. First, establish a regular sleep schedule and stick to it. This means going to bed and waking up at the same time each day, even on weekends. Additionally, create a relaxing sleep environment by keeping the room dark, cool, and quiet. Avoid using electronic devices before bed, as the blue light can disrupt your sleep. Finally, practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or meditation to help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.

2. What are some common causes of sleep problems?

There are several factors that can contribute to sleep problems. These include stress, anxiety, poor sleep habits, certain medications, and medical conditions such as sleep apnea or restless leg syndrome. Additionally, lifestyle factors such as consuming caffeine or alcohol close to bedtime, irregular sleep schedules, and a sedentary lifestyle can also affect your sleep quality.

3. How can I troubleshoot my sleep problems?

The first step in troubleshooting your sleep problems is to identify any potential underlying causes. Keep a sleep diary to track your sleep habits and patterns, as well as any potential triggers that may be affecting your sleep. Additionally, consider consulting with a healthcare professional to rule out any medical conditions that may be contributing to your sleep issues. Once you have identified the root cause, you can make necessary changes to improve your sleep.

4. Are there any natural remedies for improving sleep?

Yes, there are several natural remedies that can help improve sleep. These include incorporating relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or meditation into your bedtime routine, using essential oils like lavender or chamomile to promote relaxation, and taking natural supplements like melatonin or valerian root. However, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before trying any new supplements.

5. How long does it take to see improvements in my sleep?

The time it takes to see improvements in your sleep can vary based on individual factors. For some people, following a regular sleep schedule and making lifestyle changes can lead to better sleep within a few days. However, for others, it may take a few weeks to see noticeable improvements. It is important to be patient and consistent with your sleep habits in order to see long-term improvements in sleep quality.