Induction Machine Simulation

In summary, the modeler is looking for a model that accurately simulates the stator of an induction machine, which is a machine that provides additional power to a manually operated lever. The modeler has already done this on a permanent magnet BLDCM, but wants to be able to do it in a more concise way. Differential equations are the right approach.
Tromba206
I'm modelling an induction machine used as a fast-response drive that provides on-demand additional power to a manually operated lever.
My problem is I have no fixed operating point, the motor operates at high speeds but only for a maximum of 10 seconds at a time. I'm also modelling this out of the blue, its a design concept; which means I can't measure or test anything. I do have a preconception of the motor or what it should look like: a small 3phase squirrel cage (Type B or D I guess), with a max. output torque of around 4 N.m
My problem is: I need to be able to design a model (as simple as possible) that would accurately recreate the stator i.e. the effect of having this machine at the end of a 3phase supply.
I have already done this on a permanent magnet BLDCM but that's much more simple because there is no real coupling between stator and rotor equations (there is no rotor:wink: ) which reduces the outcome equation to a first order (PT-1) system... mere child's play. I then proceed to implement my simulation to electronically controlled loadboards (controllable V-R-L hardware circuit that would simulate the effect of having the BLDCM, or any other load for that matter, in control circuits).
I have already simulated the induction machine in state-space but that's not very helpful as I can't decouple a clear yet concise simulation i.e. equation/s representing phase voltages/currents for the stator which would then be easy to implement on the load boards, and needless to say a state-space based model that has variable parameters isn't exactly a real time system's best friend.:confused:
My end target is to have this in abc coordinates but a solution in dq wouldn't be unwelcome... :redface:
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Engineering news on Phys.org
It is unclear from your question, but a transient time-domain simulation is probably what you are asking about. State space is not the way to do that. Differential equations are the right approach.

A google search reveals many models, some in Simulink. Here is one from another approach.
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/604070/

Likes scottdave

What is induction machine simulation?

Induction machine simulation is a process of creating a virtual model of an induction machine and analyzing its performance under different conditions. It involves using mathematical equations and computer software to replicate the behavior of an actual induction machine.

Why is induction machine simulation important?

Induction machine simulation allows for the testing and optimization of induction machines in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner. It also helps in understanding the behavior of induction machines under varying conditions, which is crucial for their design and operation.

What factors are considered in induction machine simulation?

In induction machine simulation, factors such as the magnetic field produced by the stator and rotor, electrical and mechanical losses, and thermal effects are taken into account. The simulation also considers the operating conditions, such as the speed and load of the machine, and the type of power supply.

What are the benefits of using induction machine simulation?

By using induction machine simulation, engineers and researchers can analyze the performance of different machine designs and make improvements before actual testing. It also helps in predicting the behavior of the machine under different operating conditions, reducing the risk of failures and improving efficiency.

What are the limitations of induction machine simulation?

Induction machine simulation relies on mathematical models and assumptions, which may not always accurately reflect the behavior of the actual machine. It also requires specialized software and expertise, which may be costly and time-consuming to obtain. Therefore, it should be used in conjunction with physical testing for the most accurate results.