Exploring Quantum Physics & the Law of Attraction

• Thread starter nomo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the concept of the "Law of Attraction" and its relation to classical physics and quantum theories. The speaker expressed confusion over the idea of opposites attracting in classical physics, while like attracts like in the metaphysical realm supported by quantum theories. They questioned whether the Law of Attraction could be linked to a deeper understanding of magnetism, and if the traditional belief of opposites attracting was incorrect. However, it was pointed out that the "Law of Attraction" misused and misrepresented quantum mechanics, and that the speaker's understanding of physics may be flawed.
nomo
Hi all! This is my first post on this forum so please be patient (o;

I have been doing some delving into the concept of the 'Law of Attraction'

(see wiki...Law of Attraction...I'm not permitted to post urls yet:redface: )

and got to thinking why in Classical Physics...opposites attract, while in the metaphysical realm that Quantum theories tend to support...like attracts like. In particular, I was thinking of how this might relate to a deeper understanding of magnetism.

I am having a interesting time trying to wrap my brain around this discrepancy. Could it be that what is considered in some circles to be a 'Law of the Universe'...the Law of Attraction...is an insight into the mysteries of magnetism, and maybe we have got it all wrong in saying that 'opposites attract'?

What do YOU think, folks? :bugeye:

Physics news on Phys.org
The "Law of Attraction" bastardized physics by using quantum mechanics as its explanation. They could have gotten away scott free if they has simply sold it as it without trying to find "intellectualize" it by invoking something they didn't know, but nooooo...

Your understanding of physics is also faulty. When did "...Classical Physics...opposites attract, while in the metaphysical realm that Quantum theories tend to support...like attracts like..."? Where did you learn these two? What you get in classical E&M is the same as what you get in QED as far as forces between like and opposite charges. So what you said here is clearly wrong.

The "Law of Attraction" is not even "good" metaphysics. One would hope that if they want to use quantum physics, they would have at least learned it well before trying to extrapolate it into some esoteric region. I seriously doubt this is even done.

Zz.

I find the concept of the Law of Attraction and its connection to quantum physics to be an interesting and thought-provoking topic. However, it is important to note that the Law of Attraction is not a scientifically proven law, but rather a belief or theory that is often associated with New Age or spiritual beliefs.

In terms of magnetism, the idea that "like attracts like" is not entirely accurate. In fact, it is the interaction between opposite poles that creates the force of attraction in magnets. This can be explained through the principles of electromagnetism, which is a well-established and scientifically proven concept.

Furthermore, the laws of classical physics and quantum physics are not necessarily contradictory. While they may have different principles and explanations, they both play important roles in understanding the world around us.

In regards to the Law of Attraction, it is important to approach it with a critical and scientific mindset. While it may have some interesting ideas, it is not a proven scientific concept and should not be used as a basis for understanding the laws of the universe. As scientists, it is important to rely on evidence and empirical data in our explorations of the natural world.

1. What is quantum physics?

Quantum physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of matter and energy at a very small scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It explains how these particles interact with each other and the fundamental forces of nature.

2. How does quantum physics relate to the law of attraction?

The law of attraction is based on the principle that our thoughts and intentions have the power to create our reality. Quantum physics supports this idea by showing that our thoughts and intentions can affect the behavior of subatomic particles, which make up the physical world.

3. Can quantum physics be used to manifest desires?

While quantum physics supports the idea of the law of attraction, it is important to note that it is not a magic formula for manifesting desires. It is a complex scientific theory that requires a deep understanding and cannot be simplified into a quick fix for manifesting desires.

4. Are there any experiments that prove the connection between quantum physics and the law of attraction?

There have been some studies that suggest a connection between quantum physics and the law of attraction, but they are not conclusive. More research is needed to fully understand this relationship.

5. How can I use quantum physics to improve my life?

While quantum physics may not directly lead to manifesting desires, it can provide a greater understanding of the world and our place in it. This knowledge can be applied to personal growth and improving our mindset, leading to a more positive and fulfilling life.