For fun Where in the world would you live?

• Thread starter Ms Music
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fun
In summary: I would take the mountains in the humid tropics surrounded by lush cloud forest. Say at about 2000 meters.
Ms Music
If given an opportunity to live in any country of the world, where would you chose? And why?

I am interested in hearing opinions about your favorite (dream?) living area, like government, education, cost of living, work opportunities, local people, climate, etc etc.

If you are quite the world traveler and have more than one favorite area, go ahead and tell about more than one. I am just very curious to see who thinks what area of the world is the most livable.

I have found topics similar to this, but they have usually been favorite vacation locations (based mostly on climate), so I hope I haven't duplicated a thread topic!

Physics news on Phys.org
I could probably do OK with New Zealand. It has lots of streams with trout in them, glaciers for skiing, nice beaches, etc, and not too many people. Plus, the last time I checked, they hadn't invaded any sovereign nations recently. 2nd choice might be in the US - Maui to be exact. I have an old school friend that lives there and built her own house. I haven't seen her in years, but last time she was back to Maine, she was telling me how wonderful the weather was. Where she is, the sea breezes keep the temperatures moderated even at the height of summer. I could live with moderate temperature swings for a few decades. I love Maine, but sometimes you've got to put up with some inconveniences to live here. This was taken in March.
marchhouse.jpg

Recently I would have said Aruba. I love it there. But Math Is Hard just made me aware of a place called Bora Bora. I like the idea of living in a place where you can't sell your house unless the basement is flooded.

Some where where one can go out all day looking for and finding fossils, or a place where one can find ancient metal artifacts with a detector, or even a place where there are interestig mineral deposits.
A temperate climate would be a bonus.

wolram said:
Some where where one can go out all day looking for and finding fossils, or a place where one can find ancient metal artifacts with a detector, or even a place where there are interestig mineral deposits.
A temperate climate would be a bonus.
Sounds good to me!

Evo said:
Sounds good to me!

Can we be companions for a year, i would protect you from harm :smile:

wolram said:

but who would protect her from you?

Well. it's tough to find another place where you would live, when you realize that you have been living there for years.

Moderate climate with warm but not hot summers and good snow in winter, fossils, archeologic artefacs, abundant historical remains, sceneries, mountains, skying, green plant explosion, driving with unlimited speed.

That's south Germany.

wolram said:

tribdog said:
but who would protect her from you?
I only fear that if Wolram and I got too close the universe, as we know it, might end.

Evo said:
I only fear that if Wolram and I got too close the universe, as we know it, might end.

Relax and...

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia - Charles Schulz

I've thought Ireland might be nice. And if I could get a job with Guinness that would be great. I could have a beer with Art and maybe find a lovely redheaded lass with freckles.

Edit: Second choice would be Oregon. I love the weather there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7612363.stm

But that's not the reason I want to go to Japan. I have no reason for going there. It's simply because I said one day out of blue that I should go to Japan. :rofl: But now, there are some factors favoring my migration to Asia (only Japan/HK/developed China).

Andre said:
Well. it's tough to find another place where you would live, when you realize that you have been living there for years.

Moderate climate with warm but not hot summers and good snow in winter, fossils, archeologic artefacs, abundant historical remains, sceneries, mountains, skying, green plant explosion, driving with unlimited speed.

That's south Germany.

Ugh! Germany is too cold. Too much snow and cold wind.

I would take the mountains in the humid tropics surrounded by lush cloud forest. Say at about 2000 meters. There the temperature is perfect all year long and the birding is fantastic.

1. What are some factors to consider when deciding where to live for fun?

Some factors to consider when deciding where to live for fun include the cost of living, climate, cultural activities and events, outdoor recreation opportunities, and safety.

2. Which countries are known for having a vibrant nightlife?

Countries like Spain, Japan, Brazil, and the United States are known for having a vibrant nightlife with plenty of bars, clubs, and live music venues.

3. Are there any cities that offer a good balance of urban and natural environments?

Cities like Vancouver, Canada, Sydney, Australia, and Portland, Oregon offer a good balance of urban amenities and access to nature, with plenty of parks and outdoor spaces.

4. How can I find out more about the local culture before deciding where to live?

You can research online, read books and articles, watch documentaries, and even visit the place as a tourist to get a sense of the local culture and lifestyle.

5. Are there any emerging or up-and-coming cities that are worth considering for a fun living experience?

Cities like Medellin, Colombia, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and Lisbon, Portugal are gaining popularity for their lively culture, affordable cost of living, and vibrant expat communities.