Do mankind deserves existence?

• Thread starter dcgeek
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Existence
In summary, the conversation revolves around the belief that mankind is irrational and does not deserve to exist due to their political decisions being based on irrational arguments rather than logic and science. This belief has been met with criticism and raises the question of whether mankind truly deserves to exist. The speaker also expresses anger towards humanity and calls for them to either base their political opinions on logic and science or cease to exist. However, others question the validity of this belief and argue that existence is not dependent on rational actions.

Do mankind deserves existence?

• Total voters
dcgeek
Mankind is irrational.
Their political decisions are often not made uppon logic and science.

I have critisized mankind for this. And each time I've done so, people say that I am stupid, an idiot or something like that.

That have raised the question: Do mankind deserves its existence? No. I don't think so. They are irrational.

In the past the normal, neurotypical people banned all studies and science in France because it was against the religion. Today they don't ban it by prohibiting it and punish students. But they ignore it completely if the scientifical arguments in political discussions are against the culture or nationality.

That makes me really angry. I don't want mankind to live anymore! I don't think they deserves existence for their evil irrationalism! I hate humans because they make their political oppinions uppon irrational arguments and intutions and not on scientifial facts or plain logic.

Make mankind make their political oppinions uppon logic and science - or let it die!

Physics news on Phys.org
That have raised the question: Do mankind deserves its existence? No. I don't think so. They are irrational.
Death to irrationality!

That makes me really angry.
Intolerance can breed fanaticism. :uhh:

I don't want mankind to live anymore!
See what I mean? :biggrin:

I don't think they deserves existence for their evil irrationalism!
I hate humans because they make their political oppinions uppon irrational arguments and intutions and not on scientifial facts or plain logic.
I don’t love everything about humans, and their nature, but that doesn’t have to translate into yearning for their destruction. I make allowances partly from holding the view that human beings essentially are just *uck animals with a big brain, but, whatever works to keep the ball rolling is good. :smile:

Make mankind make their political oppinions uppon logic and science - or let it die!
*in voice of Karl Childers*
Ahhight then. :tongue2:

There is no "deserves" in nature.

Nnorl

if it exist it deserves to exist.

dcgeek, "they" who? Are you not a member of mankind? Scientists and logicians are memebers of mankind. So your statement,
dcgeeek said:
is irrational, amongst other things. Do you seriously want to kill people?

We exist. Deal with it.

dcgeek said:
Mankind is irrational.
Their political decisions are often not made uppon logic and science.

I have critisized mankind for this. And each time I've done so, people say that I am stupid, an idiot or something like that.

In the past the normal, neurotypical people banned all studies and science in France because it was against the religion. Today they don't ban it by prohibiting it and punish students. But they ignore it completely if the scientifical arguments in political discussions are against the culture or nationality.

That makes me really angry. I don't want mankind to live anymore! I don't think they deserves existence for their evil irrationalism! I hate humans because they make their political oppinions uppon irrational arguments and intutions and not on scientifial facts or plain logic.

1. Why does an irrational being not deserve to exist?
2. Since the judgment of irrationality is passed by a member of the irrational population (you, a member of humanity), how can we trust it? Isn't this an "The Cretan Philosopher says All Cretans are Liars" paradox?

Existence is not predicated upon anything. I challenge you to provide the evidence that existence depends upon forthcoming rational action excluding all other sorts of action. Though in spirit I tend to agree with you, however, your argument does not follow.
*Nico

Nicomachus said:
...Though in spirit I tend to agree with you, however, your argument does not follow.
*Nico
I didn't realize just how much I have missed reading your posts until right there! :biggrin:

1. Does humanity have a purpose for existence?

There is no definitive answer to this question as it ultimately depends on personal beliefs and perspectives. Some may argue that humanity's purpose is to advance and evolve as a species, while others may believe in a predetermined destiny or a higher power guiding humanity's existence.

2. Is humanity inherently good or evil?

Again, this is a subjective question and opinions will vary. Some may argue that humans are inherently good and have the capability to do both good and bad things, while others believe that humans are inherently selfish and destructive. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to determine their beliefs on this matter.

3. Does humanity deserve to exist with all the negative things happening in the world?

It is important to recognize that humanity is a complex and diverse species, and it is unfair to make blanket statements about our worthiness to exist. While there are certainly negative things happening in the world, there are also countless examples of kindness, compassion, and progress. It is up to each individual to decide whether they believe humanity as a whole deserves to exist.

4. What impact does humanity's existence have on the planet?

Humanity's impact on the planet is a complex and ongoing issue. While we have certainly caused harm and damage to the environment, we have also made advancements in sustainability and conservation. It is important for us to continue to strive towards a more harmonious relationship with the planet.

5. How can we justify our existence when there is so much suffering in the world?

This is a difficult question to answer, as suffering is a part of the human experience. However, it is important to acknowledge that humanity has also made great strides in reducing suffering through advancements in medicine, technology, and social progress. It is up to each individual to find their own meaning and purpose in the face of suffering and to contribute towards making the world a better place.