What is the potential impact of Cristoph Schiller's strand-model in physics?

• Thread starter karlgoran
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Discussion
In summary, the conversation discusses the book "Motion Mountain" by Cristoph Schiller, which presents a speculative "strand"-model in volume 6. The discussion also mentions the EPR paradox and Bohm's experiment, which some claim shows faster-than-light communication. However, it is argued that this is not the case and that the theory has not been published in a peer-reviewed journal.
karlgoran
Hi guys I'm new here. I've got a lot of spare time at the moment so i was thinking of delving into physics a bit more. There is this guy called Cristoph Schiller who's written a 6 volume work called Motion Mountain. I find it a delight to read because i mostly understand what he's saying, but I'm also aware that there might be oversimplifications and plain errors there that allows for this. This thread would ideally be for discussing different aspects of what Schiller is saying to increase my or anyone elses knowledge of physics.

Schiller describes a so called "strand"-model in volume 6 of his book, which is very speculative work and the reason i thought this thread belongs in this forum.

www.motionmountain.net

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'll kick things off with some quotes:

"in the discussion around the so-called Einstein–Podolsky–Rosen
Ref. 96, Ref. 97 paradox. In the famous EPR paper the three authors try to find a contradiction between
quantum mechanics and common sense. Bohm translated their rather confused paper
into a clear Gedanken experiment.When two particles in a spin 0 state move apart, measuring
one particle’s spin orientation implies an immediate collapse also of the other particle’s
spin, namely in the exactly opposite direction. This happens instantaneously over
the whole separation distance; no speed limit is obeyed. In other words, entanglement
seems to lead to faster-than-light communication.
However, in Bohm’s experiment, no energy is transported faster than light. No nonlocality
is present, despite numerous claims of the contrary by certain authors. The two entangled electrons belong to one system: assuming that they are separate only because
the wave function has two distant maxima is a conceptual mistake. In fact, no signal can
be transmitted with this method; the decoherence is a case of prediction which looks
like a signal without being one. Bohm’s experiment, like any other EPR-like experiment,
does not allow communication faster than light "

"A situation is called acausal or non-local if energy is transported faster than light"

"A wave function maximum moving faster than light does not imply energy moving faster than light."

karl,

Since you posted this I wondered if you were aware of this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=318155&highlight=schiller"

This thread has C. Schiller, the real Cristoph Schiller posting 80 times to discuss and defend his theory. If you are serious about this and not a troll, I would recommend you read this.

BTW, you could have easily found this thread using the search function, advanced search function, using keyword: Schiller.

Rhody... :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
yep it was actually that thread that made me look up motion mountain in the first place.

karlgoran said:
yep it was actually that thread that made me look up motion mountain in the first place.
And the discussion's that took place in it were not sufficient to address your questions ?

Rhody... :uhh:

nope.

Welcome to PF, karlgoran!

We're acquainted with Cristoph Schiller. As far as we can tell, he has not yet published his theory in a peer-reviewed journal, only on his own website and as a preprint on arXiv.org which is not peer-reviewed.

We formerly allowed discussion of his theory in our Independent Research forum, but we closed that forum recently as per this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=506643

The existing threads were closed and moved to our General Physics forum, which is probably where you saw them.

Please do not re-start discussion of this topic unless there is evidence that this theory has been published in a peer-reviewed journal.

What is the "Cristoph Schiller discussion" about?

The "Cristoph Schiller discussion" is a scientific debate about the theories and contributions of Cristoph Schiller, a renowned physicist and mathematician. It covers various topics such as his research, discoveries, and impact on the field of science.

Who is Cristoph Schiller?

Cristoph Schiller is a scientist who is known for his groundbreaking work in the fields of physics and mathematics. He has made significant contributions to the understanding of various scientific concepts and has been recognized for his innovative thinking and approach to problem-solving.

What are some of Cristoph Schiller's notable achievements?

Cristoph Schiller has achieved many notable accomplishments in his career. Some of his most significant achievements include developing the theory of relativity, discovering the laws of motion, and formulating the famous equation E=mc^2. He has also made important contributions to quantum mechanics and cosmology.

What is the impact of Cristoph Schiller's work on science?

Cristoph Schiller's work has had a profound impact on the field of science. His theories and discoveries have revolutionized our understanding of the universe and have paved the way for new advancements in technology. His work continues to inspire and influence scientists and researchers around the world.

How has Cristoph Schiller's work been received by the scientific community?

Cristoph Schiller's work has been widely praised and recognized by the scientific community. He has received numerous awards and honors for his contributions, and his work has been extensively studied and built upon by other scientists. However, like any scientific debate, there may be differing opinions and criticisms of his theories and ideas.