Can I Participate in IPhO and IMO in the Same Year as a New User from India?

• Thread starter n10Newton
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ipho
In summary, as a new user from India, you are wondering if you can appear for both the IPhO and IMO exams in the same year. The exam dates may overlap, with the first stage NSEP on November 25, 2012 and RMO on December 2, 2012, and the second stage INPhO on January 27, 2013 and INMO on February 3, 2013. The international rounds for IPhO will be held from July 7-15, 2013 and for IMO from July 18-28, 2013. As a 12th grade student, this is your first and last chance. Yes, you can appear for both exams,
n10Newton
I am a new user from India. can i appear for both IPhO and IMO in the same year. because the probable exam dates not collapse as First stage NSEP is on 25 November 2012 while RMO is on 02 December 2012 , second stage INPhO is on 27 january 2013 while INMO is on 03 february 2013 and the international round IPhO will be during 07 to 15 july 2013 and IMO will be during 18 to 28 july 2013. please give reply i am in 12th grade and this is my first and last chance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes you can appear for both the exams. However if you get selected for the international level, I'm not sure you'll be allowed to appear for both.

1. What is IPhO & IMO 2013?

IPhO (International Physics Olympiad) and IMO (International Mathematical Olympiad) are annual international competitions for high school students who excel in physics and mathematics, respectively. The 2013 competitions were held in Copenhagen, Denmark.

2. Who can participate in IPhO & IMO 2013?

Students must be under the age of 20 and enrolled in a secondary school to participate in IPhO. For IMO, students must be under the age of 19 and not yet enrolled in a university. Participants are selected and sent by their respective countries to represent them in the competition.

3. How are the IPhO & IMO 2013 competitions structured?

The competitions consist of two rounds: a theoretical test and a practical test. The theoretical test is a written exam that covers a broad range of topics in physics or mathematics. The practical test involves solving problems in a laboratory setting for IPhO and in a classroom setting for IMO.

4. What are the benefits of participating in IPhO & IMO 2013?

Participating in these competitions allows students to showcase their knowledge and problem-solving skills in their chosen subject. It also provides opportunities for international exchange and collaboration with other students who share a passion for physics or mathematics.

5. How can I prepare for IPhO & IMO 2013?

To prepare for these competitions, it is important to have a strong foundation in physics or mathematics and to practice solving challenging problems. Students can also benefit from studying previous years' exams and participating in training camps or workshops organized by their country's physics or mathematics association.