How to Troubleshoot High CPU Usage and Script Problems in Firefox?

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Firefox
In summary, the person is experiencing problems with Firefox, particularly with high CPU usage and script errors. They are also seeing a plugin container process in the task manager and are looking for ways to disable it. The expert suggests trying to downgrade Firefox or switching to alternative browsers such as Chrome or Opera.
yungman
I have a lot of problem with Firefox lately ever since the latest version. It is very unstable. My latest problem is the cpu seems to be very busy and stop responding to the mouse and the fan turn on ( high power usage). There a numerous times a window popped up and said to stop the scrip. This is what I copy down, can anyone tell me how to deal with the scrip problems? Here are the two:

Script: http://mi.adinterax.com/customer/yahoo/Dish/ClickableWallpaper_Dish_103012_News.ns.js?adxq=1350998742:23

http://b.voicefive.com/c2/6036066/r...p172701853&c13=300x250&c16=dfa&ax_i=&ax_g=&:1

Also when I look at the task manager, there is on program:

Plugin-Container.EXE*32

That use 25% of the resource and it is related to Firefox. How do I disable this, it is not in the tool manual of Firefox.

Thanks

Alan

Computer science news on Phys.org
It's likely space allocated for plugins. I would try to downgrade or install chrome/opera

Greg Bernhardt said:
It's likely space allocated for plugins. I would try to downgrade or install chrome/opera

What do you mean by downgrade? What is chrome/opera?

Chrome is a browser from google. Opera is another brand of browser.

I would suggest troubleshooting the issue with Firefox by following these steps:

1. Clear the cache and cookies of your browser: This can often solve issues with slow performance and unresponsive scripts. To do this, go to the History menu in Firefox and select "Clear Recent History". Make sure to select "Everything" from the drop-down menu and check the boxes for "Cache" and "Cookies".

2. Update your Firefox browser: Make sure you have the latest version of Firefox installed. You can check for updates by going to the Help menu and selecting "About Firefox".

3. Disable extensions and plugins: Sometimes, certain extensions or plugins can cause issues with browser performance. To check if this is the case, you can disable them one by one and see if the issue persists.

4. Reset Firefox: If the above steps do not solve the issue, you can try resetting Firefox to its default settings. This will remove all extensions, plugins, and custom settings. To do this, go to the Help menu and select "Troubleshooting Information". Then click on "Refresh Firefox".

If none of these steps solve the issue, it is possible that there is a bug or compatibility issue with Firefox and your operating system or other software. In this case, you may want to reach out to Firefox support for further assistance.

1. What are the most common issues with Firefox?

The most common issues with Firefox include slow performance, crashes, and compatibility problems with certain websites or extensions.

2. Why is my Firefox browser running so slowly?

There are several possible reasons for slow performance in Firefox, including a large number of open tabs, outdated browser or extensions, and conflicting software or processes running in the background.

3. How can I fix a Firefox crash?

To fix a Firefox crash, try restarting the browser and making sure it is up to date. If the issue persists, try disabling any recently added extensions or running Firefox in safe mode. If the problem continues, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Firefox.

4. Why do some websites not work properly in Firefox?

Some websites may not work properly in Firefox due to compatibility issues or outdated browser settings. Try clearing your browser cache and cookies, updating Firefox to the latest version, or using a different browser.

5. How do I troubleshoot other problems with Firefox?

If you are experiencing other issues with Firefox, such as error messages or unexpected behavior, try restarting the browser, clearing your cache and cookies, and updating to the latest version. You can also check Firefox's help documentation or seek assistance from the Firefox community for further troubleshooting steps.

Back