Planck 2013 Conference: April 2-5

In summary, the European Space Agency (ESA) has announced a date for the first cosmological data release of the Planck mission. The data is set to be released in April 2013, and a conference will be held from 2-5 April to discuss and present the initial science results from the mission. This will be the first scientific forum to address the results.
skydivephil
I just noticed this has been announced by ESA, maybe its old news, so apologies if it is; but it looks like we have a date for the first cosmological data release of PLanck

http://congrexprojects.com/13a11

2-5 April 2013
"The objective of the conference is to present and discuss the initial science results from Planck, ESA’s mission to map the anisotropies of the Cosmic Microwave Background. It is the first scientific forum where these results will be addressed"

Space news on Phys.org
skydivephil said:
I just noticed this has been announced by ESA, maybe its old news, so apologies if it is; but it looks like we have a date for the first cosmological data release of PLanck

http://congrexprojects.com/13a11

2-5 April 2013
"The objective of the conference is to present and discuss the initial science results from Planck, ESA’s mission to map the anisotropies of the Cosmic Microwave Background. It is the first scientific forum where these results will be addressed"

Thanks Phil! I made a note of it in the BtSM announcements thread I so won't forget to check their program out when it gets posted.

The Planck cosmological data is scheduled for release next month. Discussion of results is scheduled for april.

Chronos said:
The Planck cosmological data is scheduled for release next month. Discussion of results is scheduled for april.

Do we have a date?

I am excited to see that the first cosmological data release from the Planck mission has been announced for April 2-5, 2013. This conference will provide a platform for scientists to present and discuss the initial results from Planck's mapping of the Cosmic Microwave Background, which is crucial for our understanding of the early universe and its evolution. This data release will be a significant milestone in cosmology and I am looking forward to seeing the insights and discoveries that will come from it. I highly encourage other scientists and researchers to attend this conference and contribute to the discussion and analysis of these important findings.

1. What is the Planck 2013 Conference?

The Planck 2013 Conference was a scientific conference that took place from April 2-5, 2013 in Paris, France. It brought together scientists and researchers from around the world to discuss the latest advancements in cosmology, astrophysics, and particle physics.

2. Who organized the conference?

The conference was organized by the European Space Agency (ESA) and the Planck Collaboration, which is a group of scientists working on the Planck satellite mission. It was hosted by the Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris and the Observatoire de Paris.

3. What were the main topics discussed at the conference?

The main topics of discussion at the Planck 2013 Conference included the cosmic microwave background radiation, the formation and evolution of the universe, dark matter and dark energy, and the search for gravitational waves. There were also sessions on the latest results from the Planck satellite mission.

4. Who were the keynote speakers at the conference?

The keynote speakers at the Planck 2013 Conference were prominent scientists in the field of cosmology and astrophysics, including George Smoot, Nobel laureate and co-discoverer of the cosmic microwave background radiation, and Lyman Page, co-leader of the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) mission.

5. Was the conference open to the public?

No, the Planck 2013 Conference was a scientific conference meant for scientists and researchers in the field. However, some of the talks and presentations were made available to the public through live streaming and recordings on the conference website.