School: when is your first day back?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    School
In summary, the conversation included various responses about the first day back to school, with some members already having started and others starting in the next few weeks. A few mentioned having a full schedule of core classes, while others noted their excitement to be back on campus and see their classmates. Some also mentioned the different start dates for schools in different countries. Overall, the conversation seemed to revolve around the topic of school starting and everyone's individual experiences.
Curious what date is everyone's first day back to school?

Physics news on Phys.org
27th for me :(

September 9th for me :)

26th

Curious to see what your ages are. I just turned 21 & didn't start college until spring 12, so my fall semester is full of core classes > humanities, comp, chem, etc. No physics, calc, or electronic-based courses til' spring. lol, I'll def be year round (summer classes too) trying to play catch up

Guess I have time to get ahead:)

Greg Bernhardt said:
Curious what date is everyone's first day back to school?
Never!

Classes start here next Monday, Aug. 26. Freshmen arrived yesterday to begin their [STRIKE]indoctrination[/STRIKE] orientation program.

In Poland schools start on September 1st (all lower types of schools) and October 1st (universities of all kinds).

Next Monday.

Today, our school is pretty advanced.

26th second year

Classes start a little later in Canada than in the U.S., so, September 4th.

Did I mention how excited I am to start seeing women again:)

we've just started semester 2's mid-term break in NZ.

Classes start for me tomorrow! I'm a second year student. :)

WannabeNewton said:
27th for me :(
Statistically, you should know more about school starting datetime than I do. But some of my brother's friends (born 1987-1988) started their school on 27th, my youngers sister(1985) started 27th too. It depends on schools, mine's orientation is starting on Sept 18th for freshers. Irrelevantly, we'll all be back to school on in October - sighing...

In 18 minutes!

1. When does school start again?

School typically starts in late August or early September, depending on your school district's specific calendar.

2. Is the first day of school the same for all students?

No, the first day of school may vary for different grade levels or schools within the same district. It's best to check with your specific school for their start date.

3. Do I need to buy any supplies for the first day of school?

It's always a good idea to check with your school or teacher for a list of required supplies. Some schools may provide them, while others may ask students to bring their own.

4. What should I wear on the first day of school?

Most schools have a dress code that students are expected to follow. It's best to check with your school or look at the student handbook for guidelines on appropriate attire.

5. Can parents or guardians attend the first day of school?

Typically, only students are allowed on the first day of school. However, some schools may have a special orientation program for parents or guardians. It's best to check with your school for their specific policies.