Is Your Laptop Cooler Than Your Parents'?

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laptop
In summary: You know it's not fair that this spioled 13 year old is allowed to work so he can get himself a new gadget and I CAN'T GET A JOB TO BUY FOOD!.You know it's not fair that this spioled 13 year old is allowed to work so he can get himself a new gadget and I CAN'T GET A JOB TO BUY FOOD!.Besides, you can't overclock Laptops (without extreme difficulty), I'll stick with my customized PC thank you.I don't know. It just seems like a waste of money. I don't need a laptop and feel it would
JamesU
Gold Member
it's cool. much better than my parents'. :devil: :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Is there anything you don't have?

No seriously, tell us how spoiled you really are O.O

I'm really starting to think you are this kid who lives next to me...

What I'm trying to say is...Give me the laptop please :biggrin:

Wee, more spaces. What model is it anyway?

I HOPE I don't live next to you :uhh: and spoiled means that you don't deserve it.

oh, model. it's a gateway. I don't have the little info card with me right now.

and you're not getting it

Gateway's are nice laptops. I was using one on my trip to Poland a few months ago. Oh, and what is wrong with me, my dad has offered to buy me a laptop, but I refuse because I want my family to have more money even though we make enough money in the first place. My brain doesn't work maybe... Or maybe I don't need a laptop and feel it would be a waste of money... Wow, ill stop talking

let him buy you a laptop, i payed for mine ;)

yomamma said:
let him buy you a laptop, i payed for mine ;)

Who did you get the money from?

working. we invest in old, crappy houses. I help fix them up

yomamma said:

Hook me up with a job :uhh:

You're much too young for a lapdance. Next time, send her over to the brush shelter here.

moose said:
Hook me up with a job :uhh:
it's called McDonald's

wipe windows from it and install linux :biggrin:

yomamma said:

Ha ha, I used to do that when I was like 14. That was fun. Unfortunately, if laptops existed then, they probably costed about ten grand.

i just got my new laptop 2 weeks ago and i love laptops now. i can take it to my friends house and play games and stuff and it only takes a few seconds to connect the cables. plus its got a geforce 6800 256mb w00t

yomamma said:
Ah, so you finally got a job! :approve:

I hope you're saving some of your earnings too, and not just spending it all on every new toy you see.

Yomamma... SEND EVO MONEY!

Have I ever told you that you're my favorite member? :!) SEND EVO MONEY!

Have I ever told you how clever and smart and funny you are? :!) SEND EVO MONEY!

Last edited:
Evo you're funny. And you could get any laptop you wanted to have, in my opinion.

Speaking of which, a few weeks ago there was a Yahoo or MSN newspiece about how a HS laptop giveaway turned into a stampede in VA (Richmond?). People were knocked down, old folks were pushed out and women and children were pushed down then stepped over. Lawn chairs were thrown at people. I think someone attempted to drive into the crowd.

EnumaElish said:
Evo you're funny. And you could get any laptop you wanted to have, in my opinion.
EnumaElish, have I ever told you that you're my favorite member? :!) SEND EVO MONEY!

Have I ever told you how clever and smart and funny you are? :!) SEND EVO MONEY! :biggrin:

Speaking of which, a few weeks ago there was a Yahoo or MSN newspiece about how a HS laptop giveaway turned into a stampede in VA (Richmond?). People were knocked down, old folks were pushed out and women and children were pushed down then stepped over. Lawn chairs were thrown at people. I think someone attempted to drive into the crowd.
That is really pathetic. What is wrong with people?

Evo said:
EnumaElish, have I ever told you that you're my favorite member? :!) SEND EVO MONEY!

Have I ever told you how clever and smart and funny you are? :!) SEND EVO MONEY! :biggrin:
YOUR CHECK IS IN THE MAIL.In my laptop giveaway you wouldn't even need to get in the line. :smile:

spoiled brat.

Smurf said:
spoiled brat.
yomamma works for his money and buys his own stuff, he bought himself a laptop. Jealous. :tongue2:

Evo said:
yomamma works for his money and buys his own stuff, he bought himself a laptop. Jealous. :tongue2:
You know it's not fair that this spioled 13 year old is allowed to work so he can get himself a new gadget and I CAN'T GET A JOB TO BUY FOOD!.

Besides, you can't overclock Laptops (without extreme difficulty), I'll stick with my customized PC thank you.

Smurf said:
You know it's not fair that this spioled 13 year old is allowed to work so he can get himself a new gadget and I CAN'T GET A JOB TO BUY FOOD!.
Stuffs leftover salad into smurfs harddrive. :smile: You'll find a job. :smile:

Look on the bright side, if things get really bad, you can work for yomamma. <runs and hides>

Evo said:
Stuffs leftover salad into smurfs harddrive. :smile: You'll find a job. :smile:
We should get married really soon. I need access to your bank account.

Smurf said:
We should get married really soon. I need access to your bank account.
:rofl: uhm :devil:

Ahh you guys are terrible. I applied for a job last monday, but still no word :grumpy:

back on topic for a second. Good to see that you actually do something yomamma. You seem to act like a 24 year old: You have a job and hang out at pf too much.

mattmns said:
back on topic for a second. Good to see that you actually do something yomamma. You seem to act like a 24 year old: You have a job and hang out at pf too much.
:rolleyes: You havn't read many of his posts have you?

True, but I mean in general terms. How many kids his age hang around at a place called physicsforums and have a job?

He doesn't have a job, he helps fix up houses with (i presume) his parents.

He obviously makes more money than you and I lol

mattmns said:
:rolleyes: You, maybe. Even now when I'm unemployed I think I probably still acquire more money than him.

mattmns said:
I don't make too much now, but in a few weeks, I'll become an employee and then I will

and smurf, I'll always hook you up with a job :biggrin:

mattmns said:
True, but I mean in general terms. How many kids his age hang around at a place called physicsforums and have a job?

I don't necessarily consider that a good thing. Then again, I want a job :cry:

moose said:
I don't necessarily consider that a good thing. Then again, I want a job :cry:
I don't consider it a good thing either lol, he should be having fun!

1. Is there a significant difference in the cooling capabilities between laptops and desktops?

Yes, there is a difference in cooling capabilities between laptops and desktops. Laptops are designed to be compact and portable, so they often have smaller and less powerful cooling systems compared to desktops. This can result in laptops running hotter and potentially overheating if not properly maintained.

2. How can I tell if my laptop is running too hot?

There are a few signs that your laptop may be running too hot. These include loud fan noises, a hot or burning sensation when touching the laptop, and frequent crashes or shutdowns. You can also use software to monitor the internal temperature of your laptop and ensure it stays within a safe range.

3. What can I do to keep my laptop cooler?

There are several steps you can take to keep your laptop cooler. These include regularly cleaning the vents and fans to remove dust and debris, using a laptop cooling pad, avoiding using your laptop on soft surfaces that can block airflow, and adjusting power settings to reduce the strain on your laptop's cooling system.

4. Are there any long-term effects of using a laptop that runs hot?

Constantly using a laptop that runs hot can have negative effects on its performance and lifespan. High temperatures can cause damage to internal components, leading to slower performance and potentially even hardware failure. It is important to address any cooling issues with your laptop to avoid these long-term effects.

5. Can I upgrade the cooling system on my laptop?

In most cases, it is not possible to upgrade the cooling system on a laptop. The cooling system is usually integrated into the design of the laptop and cannot be easily replaced or upgraded. However, following proper maintenance and taking steps to keep your laptop cool can help improve its cooling capabilities.