Rip-off vocals using the simplest sofwares

• Thread starter deaddevilsdisguise
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of ripping off vocals from a song using simple software on Windows. The suggestion is made to move the discussion to a different forum for better answers. It is also mentioned that taking vocals from a song is a complicated task and requires expensive audio programs. Another suggestion is to search for lyrics instead of trying to isolate the vocals.
deaddevilsdisguise
how can i rip-off vocals using the simplest sofwares(such as sound recorder) available in windows?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Devil, I am going to move this thread to the Software forum, where you'll get better answers on this practical topic than here.

Guybrush, I don't see how converting a file to mp3 has anything to do with getting the vocals from a song.

deaddevilsdisguise, taking the vocals from a song is a very complicated task. You will need an expensive audio program to isolate the vocal frequencies. There is NO perfect and easy system to do this.

Originally posted by dduardo
Guybrush, I don't see how converting a file to mp3 has anything to do with getting the vocals from a song.

sorry, i didn't quite understand the question :frown:

deaddevilsdisguise, wouldn't be easier to just search the net for the lyrics in that case?

Originally posted by deaddevilsdisguise
how can i rip-off vocals using the simplest sofwares(such as sound recorder) available in windows?
Is the idea to save the vocals or to save the music without the vocals?

1. How can simple software be used to create "rip-off" vocals?

Simple software, such as autotune or pitch correction plugins, can be used to manipulate the pitch and tone of vocals. By adjusting these settings, vocals can be made to sound similar to popular songs or artists, creating a "rip-off" effect.

2. Is using these simple software programs considered plagiarism?

The use of these software programs is not inherently considered plagiarism, as they are simply tools used to manipulate audio. However, if the end result sounds too similar to an existing song, it could be argued that it is a form of plagiarism.

3. Are there any legal implications to using these simple software programs for "rip-off" vocals?

While there may not be legal implications for using these programs, creating a song that sounds too similar to an existing one could potentially lead to copyright infringement issues. It is important to use these software programs ethically and create original content.

4. Can "rip-off" vocals created with simple software be used for commercial purposes?

Technically, yes, as long as the vocals used are not too similar to an existing song. However, it is important to consider the ethical implications and potential backlash from using these types of vocals for commercial gain.

5. How can I make sure my "rip-off" vocals are not too similar to existing songs?

One way to ensure originality is to use the simple software to manipulate the vocals in a unique way, rather than trying to replicate an existing song or artist. It is also important to listen critically and make sure the vocals do not sound too similar to any existing songs.