Only 2 Pages Available in New Posts?

• Thread starter berkeman
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with accessing new posts on a forum. The person is only able to view the first 2 pages and any attempts to go to page 3 brings them back to page 2. This could be due to a time-related cutoff or a technical issue. Other members have also experienced similar problems with post markings and cookies.
berkeman
Mentor
I'm not able to go past the first 2 pages of New Posts. Anybody else having this problem? I click the little down-arrow next to the 2, fill in 3 in the box, and click Go -- takes me right back to page 2. Other numbers in the box (other than 1) also take me to page 2. I'm using the Prime Skin, if that makes any difference.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmmm. Maybe it's just supposed to work that way. Now it's up to 3 pages for me. Must be some time-related cutoff or something. Never mind.

I was wondering if that's all it was that you were seeing. I see the same kind of behavior--just assumed it was normal.

berkeman said:
I'm not able to go past the first 2 pages of New Posts. Anybody else having this problem? I click the little down-arrow next to the 2, fill in 3 in the box, and click Go -- takes me right back to page 2. Other numbers in the box (other than 1) also take me to page 2. I'm using the Prime Skin, if that makes any difference.

I had something like that happen to me last summer. After a time, everything was there again.

Maybe there were only 2 pages of new posts? I just checked what came up for me, and there was less than 2 pages of new posts since the last time I logged in. Though, I do have problems sometimes with either new posts getting marked as read when I haven't read them (just that I opened PF since they were posted, even if I didn't get around to reading anything), or that it forgets I've read things things I have read, so those get marked as unread even though there aren't any new posts. I used to just have that problem when switching between computers and figured it was a cookie thing or something, but lately, even when I'm only logging in from one computer, it gets confused like that.

What does "Only 2 Pages Available in New Posts" mean?

The phrase "Only 2 Pages Available in New Posts" refers to the limit set by the website or platform on the number of pages that can be displayed in the "New Posts" section. This means that after scrolling through 2 pages of new posts, the user will not be able to see any more posts until they refresh the page or go to a different section.

Why is there a limit on the number of pages in New Posts?

The limit on the number of pages in New Posts is often set to improve the user's experience on the website or platform. By limiting the number of pages, the loading time for the "New Posts" section is reduced, making it quicker and easier for users to navigate through recent posts.

Can the limit on the number of pages be changed?

The limit on the number of pages in New Posts is usually set by the website or platform and cannot be changed by users. However, some websites may allow users to customize their settings and change the number of pages displayed in the "New Posts" section.

Why am I not able to see more than 2 pages in New Posts?

If you are not able to see more than 2 pages in New Posts, it is likely because you have reached the limit set by the website or platform. You may need to refresh the page or wait for new posts to be added in order to see more pages in this section.

Is there a way to view more than 2 pages in New Posts?

Some websites may have an option to view more than 2 pages in New Posts by changing your settings or clicking on a "Load More" button. However, this may vary depending on the website or platform, and the limit may still apply. If you are unable to find a way to view more pages, it is likely because the limit is set by the website or platform.