Site Down? PF Access Troubles Today

• Thread starter robphy
  • Start date
In summary, the Physics Forums website experienced a long downtime, causing distress and withdrawal for its users. The administrators worked diligently to get the site back up and running, with some interruptions and issues along the way. Some users found humor in the situation, while others expressed frustration. Despite some ongoing problems, the community was grateful for the return of the beloved site.
Well I guess it's the time for me to think of quiting my addiction otherwise I wouldn't survive if this happens again! :uhh:

Physics news on Phys.org
What actually happened? I came a few times, and observed that 1 user would be viewing something somewhere, so I guessed that you had a single-user access to the backend db (like with sql)...

I don't see edit button under my posts anymore!:bugeye:
Does that mean we can't edit/delet posts or I'm missing something here?

Lisa! said:
I don't see edit button under my posts anymore!:bugeye:
Does that mean we can't edit/delet posts or I'm missing something here?
Make sure you are looking at a recent post. After 24 hrs, the edit function disappears. You should be able to edit post during 24 hrs of the post time.

Astronuc said:
Make sure you are looking at a recent post. After 24 hrs, the edit function disappears. You should be able to edit post during 24 hrs of the post time.
Thanks!:smile:

At 1st I thought that must be the problem but I though that I made the post at 3PM so I still can edit it.(that was the date of the last post of the thread not my post:blushing: )

Well, there's a big "disconnect" between Greg and I that sometimes limits my ability to fix things. I don't have his phone number, nor do I have the contact info of this new hosting company. My hands are often tied until Greg arrives... then I tell him what to tell the hosting company. :rofl:

- Warren

No doubt, PF looks like Matrix:

"Neo (me): The program 'Smith' has grown beyond your control. Soon he will spread through this city as he spread through the Matrix. You cannot stop him, but I can.
Deus Ex Machina (greg): We don't need you. We need nothing.
Neo (me): If that's true, then I've made a mistake and you should kill me now.
Deus Ex Machina (greg): What do you want?
Neo (me): Peace."