Interesting topics for a presentation

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's need to choose a technical topic for a presentation in their technical Spanish class. They express their desire to choose a topic that is interesting and not too technical for the audience. A suggestion is made to discuss the basics of computer programming or coding, with the addition of engaging examples or real-life applications.
aeroplant
Hey there,

I have to make a presentation about a technical topic in my technical spanish class. Since I have to hold the presentation in spanish and the listeners aren't experts either, I would like to choose an interesting topic which does not include too much jargon.

I was considering the fly-by-wire system, but it involves a lot of technical terms which most people wouldn't even understand in english.

Any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hm, no ideas?

Hi there,

First of all, kudos to you for taking on the challenge of presenting in a different language! As for your topic, have you thought about discussing the basics of computer programming or coding? It's a technical topic that can be explained in simple terms and can be easily understood by non-experts. You could also include some interesting examples or real-life applications to make it more engaging. Good luck with your presentation!

1. What are some current trending topics for a presentation?

Some current trending topics for a presentation include artificial intelligence, climate change, virtual and augmented reality, and the impact of social media on society.

2. How can I make my presentation more interesting?

To make your presentation more interesting, you can incorporate visuals such as images, videos, or infographics, use storytelling techniques, engage the audience with interactive activities or polls, and have a clear and engaging delivery style.

3. What are some unique and lesser-known topics for a presentation?

Some unique and lesser-known topics for a presentation include the psychology of decision making, the history of cryptography, the science of laughter, the future of space exploration, and the benefits of mindfulness.

4. How do I choose the right topic for my audience?

When choosing a topic for your presentation, consider your audience's interests, knowledge level, and demographics. You can also conduct a survey or poll to gauge their interest in potential topics.

5. How can I ensure my presentation is informative and accurate?

To ensure your presentation is informative and accurate, conduct thorough research from credible sources, fact-check your information, and cite your sources. You can also consult with experts in the field or have a peer review your presentation before presenting it.