Football Fans for Truth vs. Baseball Fans for Truth

• News
  • Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
In summary, a new anti-Kerry group called "Football Fans for Truth" has emerged, compiling Kerry's past comments about football. In response, another group called "Baseball Fans for Truth" has been created, with plans to run a commercial attacking Kerry's decision to trade Sammy Sosa. However, it is unlikely that enough funds will be raised for the commercial. The conversation ends with a discussion about the use of "for truth" as a suffix for political attack groups and a mention of a Canadian scandal.
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Now there's a new anti-Kerry group called "Football Fans for Truth". They have compiled all of Kerry's anti-articulate comments about football (Lambert Field, for example).

:grumpy: I think this is another low blow and I'm announcing my new rival group: "Baseball Fans for Truth". If I get enough donations, I plan to run only one commercial with one comment:

"This man traded away Sammy Sosa for Freddie Manrique ... do you trust him to run your country?!"

Granted, considering the amount of effort I plan to put into this, it's a long shot I'll ever get enough money to actually make the commercial. :zzz:

Physics news on Phys.org
Bravo...where can I make my donation ?

I'll pledge $10 to that.

I wonder if "For Truth" will become as common an ending for attack groups in political campaigns as "gate" has become an ending for scanals. It's actually a great suffix (I bet Orwell's kicking himself for not thinking of it), by just naming the group properly, you're already implying that they're 100% correct, very very smart.

I doubt 'for truth' will catch on. It's just not international material.

Smurf said:
I doubt 'for truth' will catch on. It's just not international material.
Do Canadian scandals end in "gate" too? Ever had a "Poutine-gate"?

There are Canadian scandals? :tongue2:

Smurf said:
There are Canadian scandals? :tongue2:

Remember the Federal sponsorship scandal?

Yeah, we just call it what it is: a scandal.

I'm not up to notch on Current Events, The only reason I know what little I do about American politics is because everyone is talking about them. I prefer Theory.

What is the difference between Football Fans for Truth and Baseball Fans for Truth?

Football Fans for Truth and Baseball Fans for Truth are two separate organizations that advocate for transparency and honesty in their respective sports. While they have a similar goal, their focus is on different sports and they may have different approaches to achieving their mission.

Do Football Fans for Truth and Baseball Fans for Truth have any affiliation with each other?

No, Football Fans for Truth and Baseball Fans for Truth are independent organizations and do not have any official partnership or affiliation with each other.

How do Football Fans for Truth and Baseball Fans for Truth ensure transparency in their sports?

Both organizations use various methods such as data analysis, investigations, and public campaigns to shed light on any issues or controversies within their respective sports. They also work closely with relevant authorities and governing bodies to push for transparency and accountability.

Are there any notable differences in the level of transparency between football and baseball?

It is difficult to make a blanket statement as transparency can vary among different teams, leagues, and events in both sports. However, both Football Fans for Truth and Baseball Fans for Truth strive to promote transparency and hold all teams and organizations accountable for their actions.

Can individuals support both Football Fans for Truth and Baseball Fans for Truth?

Yes, individuals can support and advocate for transparency in both football and baseball. While the two organizations may have different focuses, their overall goal of promoting truth and honesty in sports aligns. Supporting both organizations can help create a positive impact in the sports community.