What is your attitude towards Boris Yeltsin

• News
  • Thread starter causalset
  • Start date
In summary, the general attitude towards former Russian president Boris Yeltsin is mixed. While he showed strong leadership in standing up against a coup attempt, his actions during the 90's were seen as lacking. Overall, opinions on him vary and cannot be easily rated.

What is your attitude towards Boris Yeltsin

• Total voters
causalset
What is your attitude towards the former Russian president Boris Yeltsin?

Physics news on Phys.org
in regards to what?

A husband ?
A Person?
A leader?

Just asking :)

causalset said:
What is your attitude towards the former Russian president Boris Yeltsin?

His finest hour was when he stood on a tank and helped turn back the attempted coup of 1991. His leadership during the 90's left much to be desired. I couldn't rate him overall. IMO, he was near great in the former case and a near disaster in the latter. That doesn't mean he was average overall.

Last edited:
I dunno.
If you had asked about Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale from Pottsylvania, I would have said he's going to get it from moose and squirrel. Rocky and Bullwinkle will save the world from their evil plan.

As a scientist, my attitude towards Boris Yeltsin is one of neutrality and objectivity. I view him as a historical figure who played a significant role in shaping the political landscape of Russia. While some may have strong opinions about his leadership style and decisions, it is important for me to approach the topic with an open mind and base my evaluation on factual evidence rather than personal biases. Ultimately, my attitude towards Boris Yeltsin is one of curiosity and a desire to understand his impact on Russia's history and development.

What is your attitude towards Boris Yeltsin?

As a scientist, I do not have a personal attitude towards Boris Yeltsin. However, I can provide an objective analysis based on the available information.

Was Boris Yeltsin a successful leader?

This is a subjective question and depends on one's definition of success. Some may argue that Yeltsin's role in the dissolution of the Soviet Union and transition to a market economy were successful, while others may criticize his handling of political and economic challenges.

What impact did Boris Yeltsin have on Russia?

Yeltsin's leadership had a significant impact on Russia, especially in its transition from a communist state to a democratic one. He implemented economic reforms and privatization, but also faced criticism for corruption and unequal distribution of wealth.

What were the major challenges Yeltsin faced during his presidency?

Some of the major challenges Yeltsin faced during his presidency include the economic turmoil of the 1990s, political instability, and conflicts with the Russian parliament. He also had to navigate the transition from a communist state to a democratic one.

What is the legacy of Boris Yeltsin?

Yeltsin's legacy is a complex and debated topic. Some view him as a hero for leading the transition to a market economy and democracy, while others criticize his authoritarian tendencies and corruption. His impact on Russian politics and society cannot be denied, but his legacy remains a subject of debate.