Finding the Right Equation: A Beginner's Guide

• Thread starter Pythagorean
  • Start date
In summary, congratulations are in order for the arrival of a new baby. This will be a challenging year, but in the end, the love and bond between parent and child will be something to be celebrated.
Pythagorean
Gold Member
Does anybody have a good idea on what equation I should start with? I'm not really sure how to start this problem.

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations, Pythogrean.

Congrats! Welcome to the club. Bye bye, sleep.

Congrats!

Congratulations! Boy or girl? Name?

Congratulations! Pictures!

George Jones said:
Bye bye, sleep.

Yeah, you're not kidding... lol...

Congrats!

Pythagorean said:
Does anybody have a good idea on what equation I should start with? I'm not really sure how to start this problem.

First diaper change formula:

Eating = Messy Cleanup[tex]{^2}[/tex]

Congratulations!

George Jones said:
... Bye bye, sleep.
Hello, grey hair.

Chi Meson said:
Hello, grey hair.

Maybe he'll be lucky enough to lose it first. :biggrin:

Congrats :smile:

thank you all!

Yeah, I think I may go crazy between school, work, and baby. I had one last fling with sleep last night.

Ivan Seeking said:
Congratulations! Boy or girl? Name?

her name is Vera Lynn

That's a very pretty name.

You're going to have to learn to type one-handed so you can hold Vera while typing up assignments for school. :biggrin:

It's a commonly known tip, but try to sleep when the baby does. But I'm not sure if a student has time for that. :/

theCandyman said:
It's a commonly known tip, but try to sleep when the baby does. But I'm not sure if a student has time for that. :/

That's more commonly advice for the moms who have to be awake every time the baby is awake and hungry. Dad can sleep at work or during classes. :biggrin:

The best distributions of labor I've seen among new parents pretty much involves mom taking care of all the baby's needs (food, diaper changes) and dad taking care of all of mom's needs (food, grocery shopping, running other errands) so she can keep up the energy she needs to care for the baby.

This can be adjusted if dad gets paternity leave. Otherwise, I think it's not too unreasonable for the one who doesn't have to get up for work every day to be sleep-deprived in the morning, because then you can sleep during the day with the baby. When it's time for mom to return to work, then it's time for dad to take turns waking up at night to take care of the baby...but by then, mom is also producing enough milk to store some for dad to do that.

Small kids - small problems. Wait till she grows up

I'm told girls are little angels until they turn thirteen

Congratulations Pythagorean and Pythagorean's partner! Well done! I don't know about after 13 yet, but believe the angels bit.

Pythagorean said:
Congratulations to you and your family. We have 2 kids of our own. I haven't had a crisis with them in over an hour so I may have forgotten some of the details, but here is the equation you require.

[tex]L + U + \infty = \int^{\sqrt{\frac{7.5\nabla(x^6 + y^5 -z^{-4})}{\sin(\theta)}}}_{y - z^3\epsilon}e^{{tan^{-1}(100\omega^{99\omega^{98\omega}})}}d\omega + \partial_{\mu}{\Gamma(2 - \frac{2}{d}\Pi(\pi\alpha(\mu)))[/tex]

Solution is 42.

Last edited:
Pythagorean said:

Don't worry...girls always love their daddies. It's the mommies who they decide they hate at 13. :biggrin:

Pythagorean said:

Then they are bigger angels who try stuff as an experiment. Unfortunately some of that experimental stuff is addicting.

My parents walked through the bad stuff with us.
I would not call them cool at all, but I did not feel the need to rebel by using.
Plus they were falling down drunks so I didn't have much attraction to drinking either.
13 is around the corner, but there is a lot of traffic before you get there enjoy your new baby.
She will be proud of her cool daddy. :!)

Thread is already more than two hours old and there are still no pictures!

Hearty congratulations from sylas the patient.

Well, since everybody always posts pictures of their baby looking its sweetest, I'll try something new here:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 410
Pythagorean said:
Well, since everybody always posts pictures of their baby looking its sweetest, I'll try something new here:

You need to attach a sound file with that one. :smile:

Congrats, Pythagorean! Love the picture, too! Those little critters are noise-makers, and when they are that little and that kick-*** in the noise department, that's a good sign that they are healthy and energetic. Best wishes for you and yours.

Wow, seems like we've had quite a PF baby boom in the last few months!

The next few weeks (months, maybe) will be tough. But even so, prepare to fall in love like you never have before.

One year from now you'll wonder how you ever lived without her.

Congrats :approve:!

Pythagorean said:

Congratulations and that is what they all look like when they are hungry:biggrin:

Pythagorean said:

:biggrin: She looks PERFECT! Now that's what I call truth in advertising. :biggrin:

Congrats!

Congrats!

Pythagorean said:
her name is Vera Lynn

:approve:

Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
Remember how she said that we would meet again.
Some sunny day.

Math Is Hard said:
Congrats!

Some sunny day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pythagorean said:

She's gorgeous. I know, because when I look at that photo I can't help smiling.:!)

That's so great Pythagorean! Many long sleepless nights to you! Just wait until they're old enough to ask for your debit card and lay the guilt trip on you that they will be responsible for you in your old age. :eek:

Math Is Hard said:
Congrats!

Some sunny day.

Hmmm... I never knew there was a real Vera Lynn. Seems we can still meet her:

On 13th September 2009, Dame Vera became the oldest living artist to make it into No. 1 in the UK album chart, at the age of 92. Her collection We'll Meet Again: The Very Best of Vera Lynn

Anyways, Congrats Pyth! I'd give advice, but I've only ever had goldfish.

OmCheeto said:
Hmmm... I never knew there was a real Vera Lynn. Seems we can still meet her:

Anyways, Congrats Pyth! I'd give advice, but I've only ever had goldfish.

It's ok, I'm sure I'll be hearing lots of advice in the next couple months.

Yeah, I think Roger Waters was a little angry at Vera when he wrote that song because his dad never came back from the war so he didn't get to meet her again.

I recently noticed it has a linguistic similarity to "violin"

<h2>1. What is the purpose of "Finding the Right Equation: A Beginner's Guide"?</h2><p>The purpose of this guide is to help beginners understand the process of finding the right equation for a given problem. It provides step-by-step instructions and tips for selecting and solving equations in various fields of science and mathematics.</p><h2>2. Who is the target audience for this guide?</h2><p>This guide is aimed towards beginners who are new to the concept of equations and need guidance on how to approach and solve them. It can also be useful for students or individuals who want to refresh their knowledge on equation solving.</p><h2>3. What topics are covered in this guide?</h2><p>This guide covers a wide range of topics, including basic algebraic equations, linear and quadratic equations, systems of equations, and even more advanced equations such as exponential and logarithmic equations. It also provides examples and practice problems for each topic.</p><h2>4. Are there any prerequisites for using this guide?</h2><p>No, there are no prerequisites for using this guide. It is designed for beginners and assumes no prior knowledge of equations or mathematics. However, some basic understanding of algebra and arithmetic may be helpful.</p><h2>5. Can this guide be used for any field of science?</h2><p>Yes, this guide can be applied to various fields of science, including physics, chemistry, biology, and engineering. The concepts and techniques for finding the right equation are universal and can be used in any scientific discipline.</p>

1. What is the purpose of "Finding the Right Equation: A Beginner's Guide"?

The purpose of this guide is to help beginners understand the process of finding the right equation for a given problem. It provides step-by-step instructions and tips for selecting and solving equations in various fields of science and mathematics.

2. Who is the target audience for this guide?

This guide is aimed towards beginners who are new to the concept of equations and need guidance on how to approach and solve them. It can also be useful for students or individuals who want to refresh their knowledge on equation solving.

3. What topics are covered in this guide?

This guide covers a wide range of topics, including basic algebraic equations, linear and quadratic equations, systems of equations, and even more advanced equations such as exponential and logarithmic equations. It also provides examples and practice problems for each topic.

4. Are there any prerequisites for using this guide?

No, there are no prerequisites for using this guide. It is designed for beginners and assumes no prior knowledge of equations or mathematics. However, some basic understanding of algebra and arithmetic may be helpful.

5. Can this guide be used for any field of science?

Yes, this guide can be applied to various fields of science, including physics, chemistry, biology, and engineering. The concepts and techniques for finding the right equation are universal and can be used in any scientific discipline.