PFers' Code Names: God of You and Beyond

• Complaint
  • Thread starter drizzle
  • Start date
In summary, drizzle thinks it's disturbing that some users have names that explicitly point to the entity of God.
drizzle
Gold Member
I'm talking about names that include the word God, one I can recall is ‘God of you’!

I think it’s a bit disturbing.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you talking about member names?

Sure, what else did you expect? :biggrin:

So you have a problem with all these user names?

Another God Chemgod SmarterThanGod godspeed god yodazpagodaz apegod godi36 godson godzilla gurl4god77 GOD__AM godlessme DogFacedGod KennyIsGod sirgod Livingod omigod Godad god^2=john GodsChild086 iamgod21 Gilbert-Godasse godemiche Photongod StrontiumGod Dragongod DragongodX bradthegod God is love theNeonGod StacyTheGoddess egodiot godchuanz godhelpme Goda godplayer godfatheri GOD ENTITY GodIsHoly godfather7 dgoddard foxgod godlovesme88 bgodea godisanumber sungod darlington g ogodo God64bit mgoddard howtothinklikegod applesaucegod 1Faith_1God_1Unity SlimeGod freegod airgoddess890 moody goddess godslight62 SunGod87 zgod godzilla5002 godmathew SalamanderGod godwinfh Robotgod danithegod reb nf GOD finaldrumgod Godis1 god-father NoviiGod edwardgodbold godindisguise godma godlyatheist godghandhi Mechagodzilla Hillgod Godsmistake103 ohmygodsquad GODisALIVE godzillaratus shoesgod eyehategod ifoundgodot I-Love-God Thegodfatherx babygodzilla MindOfGod Magod godofcat Godluck lazyeyedgod godlesschemist godisway OhMyGod sargodhianpa Segodeesy amdogodoz GodlyChief sbgodwin godwinscareer pagodeamKam Rigodon666 spggodd extigodeenelo rmagoda RasslinGod YagoDR godsdon godzillafan868 snjwimgodom Godzilla29 louderthangod livingod101 GODISMYSHADOW shoesgodxiu godfollower#? JasonGodbout musicgod06 Physics_God geekgoddess Godfrey deargodnoargh sanchogodd sixarmedgod goddessxx gods1j22 DavidGodfrey godogbo godaya dexgod Godspanther Lia Godoy godofrock Disgod Godsway El m nkegod Demigod FnGoDog mygod8220 Godz Enigma GODOFALL vodkagod Goddar mathgoddexx ohmygodcoconu godmoktail Godblessyou tangodirt aZeroGodist GodxIsInTheTV godinhs roguexgoddess papanthegod godfajza GodBlessTexas iwasgod godares79 brassgod godisnowhere magodag bloodgod claygod godwai sgod88 godfather214 godstime GodSource physicsgod02 hundred_gods godknows thegodfather xgoddess210 godley ergodic kharngod godsdnababy Iamgod godoct 2010 god_father LancerGod Godlock shivgod hackergod GoGoDancer12 godd d Godislove thundergod godgunsn'grit EMUGOD PhysicsAndGod Chemistry_God jagergod bigOdc godzila Godfrd824 godsila godwang Godwin Kessy supergod availablegod J3ipolarGod godwin_enang godfather183 mikengod OHHMYGODD godtripp diegodp godsfunnygirl godzillababa the_godfather GodOfLoss God's Pen SAGODHAR god2012 EMisgod akalankapagod nocturnalgod hackinggod Godswill NeoTheGod godelproof Godmar02 wemakegods godavari ninjagod123 BottleGod oligodendrite luvofgod goddessc bgodsell GodOfYou Liagod

Or are some of these OK?

I meant any username that explicitly points to the entity of God, not the three followed letters '..god..'

drizzle said:
I feel that a 'handle' connoting godlike mitcuration is disturbing, vulgar, profane, and obscene.

Doug Huffman said:
I feel that a 'handle' connoting godlike mitcuration is disturbing, vulgar, profane, and obscene.
What is "mitcuration"? Did you mean micturate as in urination? Is this a joke?

Yes, hence the 'feel', in response to some hypersensitivity to one aspect of naming and blindness to another aspect.

drizzle said:
I'm talking about names that include the word God, one I can recall is ‘God of you’!

Hi drizzle,
This has been submitted for moderator review, but it is unlikely we will take action since profanity is not involved.

1. What is the meaning behind "PFers' Code Names: God of You and Beyond"?

The title refers to the code names used by members of the PF (personal finance) community, who are known for their dedication to improving their financial well-being and achieving financial independence. The "God of You and Beyond" part represents the idea of taking control of one's own life and reaching beyond traditional societal norms.

2. Why do PFers use code names?

Many PFers choose to use code names as a way to protect their privacy and maintain anonymity while discussing personal financial matters online. This allows them to freely share their experiences and advice without fear of judgment or repercussions.

3. How are these code names chosen?

Code names are typically chosen based on personal interests, hobbies, or characteristics. Some PFers may also use a combination of numbers and letters to create a unique identifier.

4. Are these code names used outside of the PF community?

In most cases, these code names are only used within the PF community and are not shared or used in other contexts. However, some PFers may choose to use their code names in their personal lives as well.

5. Is there a specific code name that is considered the "God of You and Beyond" in the PF community?

No, there is no specific code name that holds this title in the PF community. The phrase is meant to represent the collective mindset and determination of PFers to take control of their financial future and strive for greater success and fulfillment in life.