Modifying GT to Tesla: Is a Cri Cri Plane Possible?

• Thread starter Mustafa Umut
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tesla
In summary: Your Name]In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using Tesla discs for the compressor and turbine wheels in a Cri Cri airplane, one of the smallest airplanes in the world. While there may not be a specific example of this being done with a Cri Cri, it is theoretically possible with modifications and testing. It is recommended to consult with a professional engineer or aircraft mechanic for further guidance.
Mustafa Umut
I found plans of Cri Cri airplane , one of the smallest airplane in the world.

I found that their engines could be model gas turbines .

Can I change compressor and turbine wheels with tesla discs ?

I even want single disc for compressor and single disc for turbine .

Can it be done , is there an example ?

Thank you ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh dear Lord...

No.

, Turkey

Hi Mustafa Umut Sarac,

That's really interesting that you found plans for the Cri Cri airplane! I've always been fascinated by small planes and their capabilities.

Regarding your question about using Tesla discs for the compressor and turbine wheels, I'm not sure if there is a specific example of this being done with a Cri Cri airplane. However, I do know that Tesla discs have been used in various other applications, such as in electric motors or for creating thrust in propellers.

In theory, it might be possible to use Tesla discs in the Cri Cri's engine, but it would likely require significant modifications and testing to ensure safe and efficient operation. I would recommend consulting with a professional engineer or aircraft mechanic for their expertise and advice on this matter.

Best of luck with your project and happy flying!

1. Can a GT be modified into a Tesla-powered plane like the Cri Cri?

Yes, it is possible to modify a GT to run on Tesla's electric powertrain, similar to the Cri Cri plane.

2. What would be the advantages of converting a GT to a Tesla-powered plane?

Some potential advantages could include lower operating costs, reduced emissions, and quieter operation compared to traditional fuel-powered planes.

3. How difficult would it be to modify a GT into a Tesla-powered plane?

It would likely be a complex and challenging process, as it would require significant modifications to the GT's design and integration of Tesla's electric powertrain.

4. Would a Tesla-powered GT plane have the same performance as the Cri Cri?

This would depend on the specific modifications and design of the converted plane. However, a Tesla-powered plane could potentially have similar or even improved performance compared to the Cri Cri.

5. Are there any potential limitations or drawbacks to converting a GT into a Tesla-powered plane?

Some potential limitations could include the cost and difficulty of the conversion process, as well as the availability and compatibility of Tesla's electric powertrain components for a small plane. Additionally, the range and charging time of the plane may also be limited by the battery technology used.