Facebook returns a blank page

• Thread starter adjacent
  • Start date
In summary, the speakers are discussing issues with their Facebook messenger, including not being able to see the chat sidebar, send or view messages, and encountering other problems. They suggest checking for browser extensions that may be causing the issues and clearing the cache and restarting the browser. The issue is resolved and attributed to a possible browser problem.
adjacent
Gold Member
Since last night,I can't see the chat sidebar.
I can't send or see a message. facebook.com/messages returns a blank page with the header only.
And ton of other problems. :cry::cry:

Anyone having the same problem?

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I don't have a facebook. But did you check for plugins/extensions problems on the browser? Sometimes ad/tracker blockers block whole features because whole features are trackers/ads and were made that way to purposefully profit by force.

I usually experience one facebook glitch or another. Try clearing your cache and restart the browser.

Psinter said:
I don't have a facebook. But did you check for plugins/extensions problems on the browser? Sometimes ad/tracker blockers block whole features because whole features are trackers/ads and were made that way to purposefully profit by force.
I don't have any extensions.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I usually experience one facebook glitch or another. Try clearing your cache and restart the browser.
It's OK now. Maybe a browser problem. Never mind.

I cannot provide a definitive answer as I do not have access to the specific technical details of Facebook's system. However, based on my knowledge of technology and troubleshooting, it is likely that there is a technical issue with Facebook's servers or coding that is causing the blank page and other problems. It is also possible that the issue is isolated to certain users or regions. I would recommend reaching out to Facebook's customer support for assistance in resolving the issue.

1. Why is my Facebook page showing up as a blank page?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a slow internet connection, temporary server issues on Facebook's end, or a problem with your device or browser. It's also possible that your account has been suspended or deactivated by Facebook.

2. How can I fix a blank page on Facebook?

First, try refreshing the page or restarting your device. If that doesn't work, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. You can also try accessing Facebook from a different browser or device. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Facebook for further assistance.

3. Is a blank page on Facebook a sign of a virus?

Not necessarily. While it's always important to be cautious when browsing the internet, a blank page on Facebook is usually due to a technical issue rather than a virus. However, if you're experiencing other strange behavior on your device, it's always a good idea to run a virus scan.

4. Can I prevent Facebook from showing a blank page?

You can try to prevent this issue by regularly updating your browser and clearing your cache and cookies. It's also a good idea to have a strong and secure internet connection. If you continue to experience blank pages on Facebook, you may need to contact Facebook for further assistance.

5. Is there a way to retrieve my information if Facebook keeps showing a blank page?

If your Facebook page is consistently showing up as a blank page, it's possible that your account has been suspended or deactivated. In this case, you may need to contact Facebook's support team to see if they can help you retrieve your information. It's always a good idea to regularly back up your important information on social media platforms.