How to do things on this website?

• Thread starter kowalskil
  • Start date
In summary, the user is a new subscriber and wants to know how to generate a list with links to their messages. They tried using the "Advanced Search" button with their username, but it did not produce the desired list. They asked for help on where to ask such questions, and were directed to the Forum Feedback and Announcements section. It was also mentioned that only "gold" members and other special categories are allowed to use signatures.
kowalskil
1) I am a new subscriber and I to know how to generate the list with links to my messages. The "Advanced Search" button, which I clicked, did have a box for entering my username. I entered it and clicked the "Search" button. But this did not produce the list I wanted. What should I do?

2) This is probably not the right place to ask such questions. Where should they be asked?
Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)
http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html

Physics news on Phys.org
If you click on your username on a post, you should be able to click on an option to view all posts...you can also view your user profile, go to statistics, and then something like "find all posts by this user".

Thanks, jhae2.718

It works as you described.
Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)
http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html

kowalskil said:
2) This is probably not the right place to ask such questions. Where should they be asked?

Forum Feedback and Announcements is a common place for "how do I do it" kinds of questions. I've moved this thread there.

By the way, according to our rules (click the "Rules" link at the top of any page here), only "gold" members and other special categories such as Mentors, Science Advisors, etc. are allowed to use "signatures." Such members can set a signature in their profiles. Ordinary members are not allowed to set signatures manually.

"Gold" members are those who pay a subscription fee (click the "Upgrade" link at the top of any page here). They have other perks such as seeing fewer advertisements, being able to use an avatar, etc.

Last edited:

1. How do I create an account?

To create an account on this website, click on the "Sign Up" button on the homepage. Fill in your personal information and choose a username and password. Once you have completed all the required fields, click on "Create Account" and your account will be created.

2. How do I upload a file?

To upload a file, log into your account and go to the "Uploads" section. Click on the "Choose File" button and select the file you want to upload from your computer. Once the file is selected, click on "Upload" and your file will be uploaded to the website.

3. How do I search for content on the website?

To search for content on the website, use the search bar located on the top of the homepage. Type in keywords related to the content you are looking for and click on the "Search" button. The results will be displayed on the page.

4. How do I leave a comment on a post?

To leave a comment on a post, go to the post you want to comment on and scroll down to the comment section. Click on the "Add Comment" button and type in your comment in the text box. Once you are finished, click on "Post" to submit your comment.

5. How do I edit my profile information?

To edit your profile information, log into your account and go to the "Profile" section. Click on the "Edit Profile" button and make any changes you want. Once you are finished, click on "Save" to update your profile information.