PF Library Closing: Moving to Physics & Math FAQs

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: Thanks.When I started at PF, the Nuclear Engineering forum had 27 threads and 380 posts (from Wayback).Now the NE forum has over 1520 threads, and I don't know how many posts.
The PF Library has been a success by offering dozens of material to curious visitors! We thank everyone who has participated. Over the next several months PF will be planning to migrate to a new software platform and thus the Library will no longer be compatible. We plan on moving all PF Library content to the Physics and Math FAQs for future reference.

Physics Library Items
https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/physics-faq.209/

Math Library Items
https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/math-faq.207/

* Nearly all the entries lost the creator information. So if you want recognition please let me know which entries you wrote. Thanks!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
A NEW PLATFORM ? ... AAARRRRGGGHHH ... it will be the end of the world as we know it ! Well, OK, maybe only for a day or two, but still ... :smile:

phinds said:
A NEW PLATFORM ? ... AAARRRRGGGHHH ... it will be the end of the world as we know it ! Well, OK, maybe only for a day or two, but still ... :smile:

Well the cat is out of the bag :) I'll post more on that in the coming months. PF 5.0 is going to rock!

btw, pardon the dust and extra new thread notices as we transfer the data to the FAQs.

phinds said:

Yeah like the other changes that happened here in more than 10 years.

It's a pity I didn't printscreen all the different layers PF has had over the years.

Schlimbesserung

When I started at PF, the Nuclear Engineering forum had 27 threads and 380 posts (from Wayback).

Now the NE forum has over 1520 threads, and I don't know how many posts.

1. What is the reason for the PF Library closing and moving to Physics & Math FAQs?

The PF Library is closing and moving to Physics & Math FAQs in order to streamline resources and better serve the academic needs of our students. By consolidating all physics and math materials into one location, we hope to make it easier for students to access the resources they need.

2. When will the PF Library officially close and the materials be moved to Physics & Math FAQs?

The PF Library will officially close on July 1st, 2021. All materials will be moved to Physics & Math FAQs by this date.

3. Will there be any changes to the resources available in the new Physics & Math FAQs section?

No, the resources available will remain the same. The only change is the location where they can be accessed.

4. How will this change affect library services for physics and math students?

This change will not affect library services for physics and math students. Library staff will still be available to assist with research and accessing materials.

5. Will there be any disruptions to library services during the transition to Physics & Math FAQs?

No, there should not be any disruptions to library services during the transition. The PF Library will remain open until July 1st, and the transition to Physics & Math FAQs will happen seamlessly.