LaTeX Preview is working again

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter chroot
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, Warren fixed the LaTeX preview code and chroot finished installing the code that enables LaTeX preview. Warren told chroot that he doesn't support LaTeX in blogs. Kurdt told Warren that he was confused by the thread in Computer Science / Math Software. Warren told Kurdt that the thread is currently posted in Computer Science / Math Software and there is no LaTeX sigma available there.
I just did another test. Logging out and back in again doesn't solve the issue, but when I logged out, restarted the browser, cleared the browser cache and logged back in, it worked as it should. (But only once). I also tried to just clear the browser cache between previews, and that didn't work. Really weird.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have the same problem [Chrome/Firefox under Windows 7]
The only workaround that works for me is refreshing the preview page.

test [tex]a[/tex] foo [tex]e[/tex] bar [tex]c[/tex].

Edit: D'oh. I meant to just preview that, not post it. At least I learned something, I think. Clearing the cache for the last hour doesn't help, but clearing the cache and the cookies. for the last hour does help. Hm, I guess I should try just the cookies too.

Uh...just clearing the cookies is not sufficient, and now I see that clearing both the cookies and the cache doesn't work either. Not when I preview anyway. I'll have to post this to see if "preview changes" behaves differently than "save changes".

Yes, it does. If I clear both before I post, it will look OK immediately after I have posted (without the refresh that's needed otherwise). This isn't at all useful as some sort of workaround, but maybe it will help chroot figure out what's wrong.

Last edited:
Wait, you find clearing your cookies and cache before posting (and then probably having to re-login and stuff) easier than pressing F5 once?

You may want to read the last paragraph of my post again. :smile:

I can't get TeX to work at all (Chrome 6), not even after clearing cache and refreshing, and I tried submitting. I may have had errors in my first attempt, but I don't see any now. This is inline: [ITEX]Gm[/ITEX]

This is display:

[TEX]Gm[/TEX]

I've tried it in Firefox too. No different.

(I see on coming back later that the inline one is now displaying, but the display one is still just a broken image)

Last edited:
Jonathan Scott said:
I can't get TeX to work at all (Chrome 6), not even after clearing cache and refreshing, and I tried submitting. I may have had errors in my first attempt, but I don't see any now. This is inline: [itex]Gm[/itex]

This is display:

[tex]Gm[/tex]

I've tried it in Firefox too. No different.

(I see on coming back later that the inline one is now displaying, but the display one is still just a broken image)

Seems to be working today (apart from the usual need to refresh during preview). This could perhaps be related to the fact that I apparently used TEX tags in upper case instead of tex in lower case. I had tried both, but I may have made some other mistake when I was using the lower case version.