Is this true or I am just lucky?

• Thread starter php111
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the presence of a worm or virus on Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, and AIM that sends users a link containing their account information. The speaker wonders if their account has been compromised and if their contacts are planning something. They also mention using Yahoo and AIM frequently and having all messenger programs start when they restart their computer.
php111
Hello,

After passing by some threads on Yahoo sections, I don't have the common sense until yesterday to really read what is actually going on with Yahoo, MSN, ICQ and AIM.

I know it's true where there is some kind of worm where it sends the user or something like that with a link and in that link, correct me if I am wrong but in that link it gives the user the info to the account such as the password?

Is it that I am lucky and people on my list did not "crack" me? Or could it actually be they didn't get my password yet?

I think they got it but they did not access my account yet? Why do I think they got it? Well it's going really strange. The people normally talk to me especially this one guy he everyone is blowing me off. Possibly making a plan? Does anyone use Yahoo, MSN, ICQ or even AIM? I use Yahoo and AIM the most but when I restart my computer or something, I do have all of them messengers start.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't quite understand what you are talking about. The worm, virus, whatever, sends the person who sent you the link your user name and password?

Hello,

I cannot comment on individual experiences or situations. However, I can provide some information about online security and potential threats. It is true that there are various forms of online threats, such as worms, viruses, and phishing attempts, that can compromise personal information and passwords. It is important to always be cautious and take steps to protect your online accounts, such as using strong and unique passwords, enabling two-factor authentication, and being cautious of suspicious links or messages.

It is also possible that your friends are not intentionally avoiding you, but may be busy or have other reasons for not responding. It is important not to jump to conclusions without evidence.

In general, it is always important to be aware of potential online threats and take steps to protect yourself. If you have any concerns about the security of your accounts, it is best to contact the respective companies for assistance.

What does it mean when people say "Is this true or I am just lucky?"

People often ask this question when they are unsure about the validity of a statement or event that seems too good to be true.

How can we determine if something is true or just a result of luck?

It can be difficult to determine the difference between something that is true and something that is simply a result of luck. One way to determine this is to look at the evidence and consider whether it logically supports the claim. Additionally, repeating the experiment or event multiple times and getting similar results can help determine its truthfulness.

Can something be both true and a result of luck?

Yes, something can be both true and a result of luck. For example, a person who wins the lottery may have purchased a winning ticket by chance, but the fact that they actually won is still true.

Why do people often question whether something is true or just luck?

People may question the validity of a statement or event because they want to understand the cause and effect relationship behind it. They may also want to ensure that they are not being misled or deceived by false information.

Is it important to determine whether something is true or just luck?

It can be important to determine the truthfulness of a statement or event, as it can impact our understanding of the world and inform our decisions and actions. However, it is also important to consider the context and potential biases when evaluating the truthfulness of something.