An Unexpected Visit to the Bank: Wills and Funeral Expenses!

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the individual went to the bank to sort out their finances and the advisor asked about their will and funeral expenses. This made them think about their own mortality, but they were comforted by the fact that their daughter would be taken care of. They were reminded to live in the present and enjoy life, rather than dwelling on death. They also received some advice from friends and decided to make the most of their day.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I went to the bank today to get my finances sorted, two of the first thing the advisor asked was, Have you made a will, and are you funeral expenses sorted, the rotten sod they were the last things on my mind.
Well at least my daughter is sorted if i kick the bucket, the thing is though i never thought about croaking until today, and now i can not stop thinking about it.
Oh well tomorrows another day may be i can go back to worrying about where my next bump or bruise is coming from.

Physics news on Phys.org
It must be the bottle of life you gave to Evo.

Have one of mine and check out the wild life thread for instance. It helps

You made it this far, so you must be fairly indestructible. Just make the best of every experience, know that you have friends who care about you (here, if not in real life), and don't ever watch 'Blade Runner'. :biggrin:

Yeah, nothing like thinking about wills and funeral arrangements to give one a big dose of mortality.

It will happen to the best of us Wolly, we can only hope its not any time soon. I find the older I get, I make less time for petty disagreements and things I find undesirable, and more time to do the things I enjoy.
Its good to think and reflect on our life, and briefly to do so on our death. But I wouldn't dwell too deeply on the latter, instead go for a walk someplace special, and enjoy the beauty of our earth.

Thanks guys, i fell better all ready, the red wine helped as well, with the full English breakfast of course, now where can i cause some mischief to make me feel even better.

1. What is the purpose of a will?

A will is a legal document that outlines the distribution of a person's assets after their death. It also allows individuals to appoint a guardian for their minor children and specify their funeral arrangements.

2. Can a will be changed or updated?

Yes, a will can be changed or updated at any time as long as the individual is of sound mind. This can be done through a codicil, which is a document that amends the original will, or by creating a new will altogether.

3. What happens if someone dies without a will?

If someone dies without a will, their assets will be distributed according to the laws of intestacy in their state. This means that their assets will be divided among their closest living relatives, which may not align with their wishes.

4. Can funeral expenses be paid for with funds from the bank account of the deceased?

Yes, funeral expenses can be paid for with funds from the bank account of the deceased. However, it is important to keep in mind that other expenses and debts may need to be paid before any remaining funds can be used for funeral expenses.

5. What is the role of a bank in the event of a death?

In the event of a death, a bank may freeze the deceased's accounts until the proper documentation, such as a death certificate and proof of executorship, is provided. The bank may also assist in the transfer of funds to cover funeral expenses or distribute funds to beneficiaries according to the will.