Proof of God and proof that he's vain

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Proof
In summary, Dave thinks that the Korean Army photo was photoshopped to make it look bigger, and that there is evidence of this sort of Photoshopping elsewhere in the image.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
[ updated ]
This photo and the surrounding kerfuffle involving Iran http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/10/iran-you-suck-at-pho.html" gave me a flash of insight:
20080709iranmissilephotoshop41.jpg

There is a God. He is vain, and he owns an awesome version of PhotoShop:

web_print.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/EinsteinCross.jpg

gravlens.gif

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
... what?

?

Lol... I have no idea what you're talking about Dave.
Are you tired? Been drinking?
No offense or anything. :-)

Pengwuino said:
... what?
Gravitational Lensing. Einstein crosses.

God only had a so-so-sized universe, so he PhotoShopped it. He cloned parts to make it look bigger!

Def been drinking. That's okay -- it's Friday night.

Hm, five lensed quasars in one photo? Interesting. (I've seen this photo before a lot of times, but that doesn't make it any less interesting. :tongue2:)

I think I'm starting to get the gist, but jokes sort of lose their impact when they need in-depth explanation to understand them.

Does the first photo have extra people photoshopped into it? My screen is too small and I woke up with a headache, so staring closely enough to see if there are people repeated in the photo is too much effort for right now.

DaveC426913 said:
web_print.jpg

gravlens.gif

:biggrin:
Just goes to show that we need to build bigger/wider aperture telescopes to replace HST. Something with a resolution of 0.001'' would be nice.

Moonbear said:
I think I'm starting to get the gist, but jokes sort of lose their impact when they need in-depth explanation to understand them.

Does the first photo have extra people photoshopped into it? My screen is too small and I woke up with a headache, so staring closely enough to see if there are people repeated in the photo is too much effort for right now.

My take on the first picture, is how to stand out in a crowd, what I see shows a lot of vanity.

RonL said:
My take on the first picture, is how to stand out in a crowd, what I see shows a lot of vanity.

That was my first impression, but then he started talking about what sounds like a mirror image illusion or something (is that what "lensing" is?) so I thought maybe there was more to it. Maybe I should stop trying to think too much until the headache goes away. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
That was my first impression, but then he started talking about what sounds like a mirror image illusion or something (is that what "lensing" is?) so I thought maybe there was more to it. Maybe I should stop trying to think too much until the headache goes away. :rolleyes:

I don't strain too hard on things like this, maybe it has something to do with "a thousand points of light":biggrin:

In retrospect, the complete lack of explanation of the significance of the Korean Army photo may have attentuated the humourous effect somewhat.

It was very late and it never occurred to me that the signifiance of that photo is not common knowledge. It isn't of course; sometimes I'm a bit self-involved... :redface:

Maybe I will edit the OP.

[ EDIT: I have edited the OP]

Last edited:
C'mon guys, it's obvious: Kim Il is so fat, he results in gravitational lensing!

DaveC426913 said:
[ updated ]
This photo and the surrounding kerfuffle involving Iran http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/10/iran-you-suck-at-pho.html" gave me a flash of insight:
20080709iranmissilephotoshop41.jpg
Dave, you should have left the picture of Kim Jong-il in the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
You think gravitational lensing is the best photoshopping God does??! Consider that he has photoshopped quite a few copies of a handful of particle types!

Seriously, I often ponder that we get so used to identical particles being absolutely identical, we forget to ask, "why are they all identical? Why are they not all unique--like snowflakes? Is it that they are all just different views of the same particle".

Astronuc said:
Dave, you should have left the picture of Kim Jong-il in the OP.
It didn't make any sense. It wasn't clone-stamped to make the event appear larger, so the reference is lost.

There was a pic Dugg just in the last week of a demonstration that was Photoshopped to look like it was a much larger turnout than appeared. That was the pic I needed, but no Googling has turned it up.

DaveC426913 said:
It didn't make any sense. It wasn't clone-stamped to make the event appear larger, so the reference is lost.

There was a pic Dugg just in the last week of a demonstration that was Photoshopped to look like it was a much larger turnout than appeared. That was the pic I needed, but no Googling has turned it up.
Others had already responded to the OP, including the image of Kim Jong-il. Yes - it was non-sequitir, but so are the missiles somewhat, except for the photoshopping comment.

Some of those tiny galaxies look like they could be photoshopped. Apparently any digital image could be these days.

Astronuc said:
Others had already responded to the OP, including the image of Kim Jong-il. Yes - it was non-sequitir, but so are the missiles somewhat, except for the photoshopping comment.
What? No. The missiles are perfect.

The Koreans added missiles to make the pic looks like there are more missiles than there are.

Astronuc said:
Some of those tiny galaxies look like they could be photoshopped. Apparently any digital image could be these days.
Yeah but God didn't PS the images, God Photoshopped the galaxies themselves with some sort of RealityPhotoShop tool! :biggrin:
"Say, I don't have time to make a zillion more galaxies - got to get on with the waters and the creatures ... Hey, I'll just clone stamp these existing galaxies!"

Damn. Too subtle. I should polish the joke a little, could use a better lead-in and pay-off.

Is this gravitational lensing in the background?
1244593174517.jpg

TheStatutoryApe said:
1244593174517.jpg
I think God must have photoshopped the bust line to save on resources. It's already twisting Space-Time as it is. Do any of you feel the immense Gravity pull? I am afraid the event horizon of her bust is at least 100 metres.

BTW, is this a toilet paper roll on the floor?

Last edited:
WaveJumper said:
Do any of you feel the immense Gravity pull?
I know I'm being pulled towards it.

BTW, just to take all the fun out of pretending this might not be PhotoChopped, note that

a] the camera is not actually pointing directly at the mirror. It is impossible for this to be a self-image.

b] That is an awfully masculine hand.

TheStatutoryApe said:
1244593174517.jpg

To return to the topic, I think this is Proof that God has a sense of humour.

DaveC426913 said:
BTW, just to take all the fun out of pretending this might not be PhotoChopped, note that

a] the camera is not actually pointing directly at the mirror. It is impossible for this to be a self-image.

b] That is an awfully masculine hand.

Great eye for detail. All I thought was, ummm, yeah, no. :smile:

Edited to add: And, yes, polishing for the OP joke. You're getting closer. By the time I arrived at this thread, the OP joke almost made sense and the responses referring to people in the pictures made no sense whatsoever. Overall, a huge success, if I may say so myself. :biggrin:

Bah! You guys have no sense of humor. Don't listen to them, Dave! It's funny without needing an explanation. :P

Universe is cloned ,so it is cheaper to make it ;D ;D

then he would be not vain but LAZY , although this laziness does not reflect in the complicate equations used to understand universe and numbers.

1. Is there any scientific evidence for the existence of God?

There is no scientific evidence that can definitively prove or disprove the existence of God. The concept of a higher being lies outside the realm of scientific inquiry and is a matter of personal belief.

2. How can we prove that God is vain?

The notion of God being vain is a subjective interpretation and cannot be proven scientifically. In many religious beliefs, God is seen as a perfect being and therefore incapable of vanity.

3. Are there any experiments that can demonstrate God's existence?

The existence of God is not something that can be tested or observed through scientific experiments. It is a matter of faith and belief, not empirical evidence.

4. Can we use logic and reasoning to prove the existence of God?

While some arguments have been put forth using logic and reasoning to support the existence of God, they are not considered as proof. The existence of God is ultimately a matter of faith and not something that can be proven through logical arguments alone.

5. How do different religions provide proof for God's existence?

Different religions have their own beliefs and interpretations of God, and their proof for God's existence may vary. Ultimately, the proof for the existence of God is a matter of personal faith and cannot be objectively proven or disproven.