Discuss forums about the Microelectronic Fabrication

• Thread starter walkinginwater
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is a newbie in EE and is studying courses related to IC fabrication and MEMS. They are looking for online tutorial materials and discussion forums and mention a forum on gmane.org but suggest posting on another forum to increase visibility.
walkinginwater
Hi, dear all:
I am a newbie in EE, now I am studying some courses related to IC fabrication and MEMS. I have the book : "The Science and Engineering of Microelectronic Fabrication" by Stephen A. Campbell. I am really wanted to know are there any online tutorial materials and discussion forums for me?
Thanks in advance!

Engineering news on Phys.org
A 'sort of' discussion forum can be found on http://news.gmane.org/gmane.science.microelectromechanical-systems but it is not very good, forum-wise, not content-wise, a lot of bright people come there.

I would propose also posting here on this forum, the more you post, the more chance people will come here and stick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi there, welcome to the world of microelectronic fabrication! There are definitely some great online resources and discussion forums for you to explore and learn from. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Reddit's r/ECE subreddit: This is a great community for electrical and computer engineering students and professionals to discuss various topics, including microelectronic fabrication. You can find helpful resources, ask questions, and engage in discussions with others who have similar interests.

2. EETimes: This website offers a variety of forums and discussion boards on different topics related to electronics and electrical engineering. They have a specific forum dedicated to microelectronics and fabrication, where you can find discussions on the latest trends, techniques, and challenges in this field.

3. EEVblog Forum: This forum is run by renowned electronics engineer and YouTuber, Dave Jones. It covers a wide range of topics related to electronics and has a dedicated section for microelectronics and fabrication discussions. You can find informative threads, ask questions, and connect with other enthusiasts and professionals in this field.

4. Semiconductor Manufacturing and Design (SemiWiki) Forum: This forum is focused specifically on the semiconductor industry and offers discussions on topics such as fabrication processes, equipment, and materials. It also has a section for MEMS discussions.

Additionally, many universities and research institutions have their own online forums and communities for students and researchers to discuss microelectronic fabrication. It may be worth checking with your university's engineering department or reaching out to professors and peers for recommendations.

I hope these suggestions help you find the resources and support you need as you continue your studies in this exciting field. Best of luck!

What is microelectronic fabrication?

Microelectronic fabrication is the process of creating microelectronic devices such as integrated circuits, transistors, and sensors. It involves a series of steps including lithography, etching, deposition, and doping to pattern and manipulate materials at a microscopic level.

Why are discuss forums important for microelectronic fabrication?

Discuss forums allow scientists, engineers, and industry professionals to share knowledge, ideas, and best practices related to microelectronic fabrication. They also provide a platform for collaboration and problem-solving, which can lead to advancements in the field.

What are some common challenges faced in microelectronic fabrication?

Some common challenges in microelectronic fabrication include ensuring high yields, maintaining consistent quality, and dealing with shrinking device sizes. Other challenges may include finding new materials and techniques to improve performance, reducing costs, and staying up-to-date with constantly evolving technology.

Are there any recent developments or trends in microelectronic fabrication?

Yes, there are several recent developments and trends in microelectronic fabrication. These include the use of new materials such as graphene and carbon nanotubes, the adoption of 3D printing for microfabrication, and the integration of bio-inspired designs. Additionally, there is a growing focus on sustainability and reducing the environmental impact of microelectronic fabrication processes.

What are some potential future applications of microelectronic fabrication?

Microelectronic fabrication has a wide range of potential applications, including in consumer electronics, healthcare, transportation, and communication. Some future applications may include the development of smaller and more efficient devices for wearable technology, the use of microfabricated sensors for medical diagnostics, and the integration of microelectronics into smart infrastructure for improved energy efficiency.