Aluminum Foil Hats & Day Trading a 401K for Millions

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aluminum
In summary, a high profile company had an employee who was exposed to toxic fumes for years. As a result, at least according to popular opinion, his brain was so damaged by the fumes that he ended up wearing aluminum foil under his hat to keep the aliens living in the center of the Earth from reading his mind.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I had better not say the company name, but a high profile company had an employee who was exposed to toxic fumes for years. As a result, at least according to popular opinion, his brain was so damaged by the fumes that he ended up wearing aluminum foil under his hat to keep the aliens living in the center of the Earth from reading his mind.

He did critical testing on critical parts that directly affect public safety!

For me this was old news. What was interesting was to learn this morning that he managed to parlay his nominal 401K plan into over a million dollars in just a few years by [effectively] day trading his company plan, so he retired.

Now where is my aluminum foil?

Physics news on Phys.org
Sulfer dioxide fumes?----or (organically produced) methane?

petroleum based products

...So...Let me get this straight. You guys...DON'T wear aluminum foil hats regularly?? I apparently seem to have fallen out of the fashion loop...*Puts on foil hat and walks out of thread*

Guy's obviously crazy.

Foil hats can only protect you from aliens in space above you. A foil cone on his head is actually serving as a parabolic focusser for the aliens in the centre of the Earth.

DaveC426913 said:
Guy's obviously crazy.

Foil hats can only protect you from aliens in space above you. A foil cone on his head is actually serving as a parabolic focusser for the aliens in the centre of the Earth.

That is why you wear lead lined underwear. Not only dose it prevent Superman from taking a peek, but it scatters your thought waves when read from the center of the earth.

The greatest article ever:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
G01 said:
...So...Let me get this straight. You guys...DON'T wear aluminum foil hats regularly?? I apparently seem to have fallen out of the fashion loop...*Puts on foil hat and walks out of thread*

there is a picture floating around the net of a guy who is completely dressed in foil sitting next to a car covered in foil. Great picture, wish I had saved it.

I know they're not made of tin anymore, but it's a much easier word to say and spell.

If you leave a large and flat enough area at the top, you can even cut out the shape of an animal.

I like aluminum foil, but it hurts my teeth when I chew on it.

1. What is the purpose of an aluminum foil hat?

Aluminum foil hats are often associated with conspiracy theories and claims that they can protect the wearer from mind control or electromagnetic waves. However, there is no scientific evidence to support these claims. In reality, aluminum foil hats do not provide any protection from external forces.

2. Can day trading a 401K really lead to millions?

While it is possible to make a lot of money through day trading, it is also very risky. The stock market is unpredictable and can result in significant losses. Additionally, taking money out of a 401K can have serious tax implications and may not be a wise financial decision in the long run.

3. Is there any scientific basis for the claims about aluminum foil hats?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support the idea that aluminum foil hats can protect against mind control or electromagnetic waves. These claims are based on conspiracy theories and have not been scientifically tested or proven.

4. Is it legal to day trade a 401K?

It is not illegal to day trade a 401K, but it is important to consider the potential consequences. Withdrawing money from a 401K before retirement age can result in penalties and taxes, and the risks of day trading may outweigh the potential gains.

5. Are there any safe alternatives to day trading a 401K for millions?

Instead of risking your retirement savings through day trading, it is recommended to consult with a financial advisor and create a diversified investment plan. This can help ensure long-term financial stability and minimize the risks associated with day trading.