Funny Physics Jokes - Share Your Favorite's

In summary, two neutrinos went through a bar and one jokester said, "Hadn't heard that one before." Another jokester said that he packs his own Fulgurator all the way and packs it to go. Then the third jokester said that he doesn't think anybody can top that and then he posts a joke.
AstroRoyale
Anyone got any good physics jokes?

Physics news on Phys.org
Two neutrinos go through a bar...

dst said:

Now that's funny! :rofl: Hadn't heard that one before.

dst said:

I don't think anybody can top that.

I pack my own Fulgurator allway's, wana see it?

My head's so bald, and shinny, and i can use it to create a radiophotoluminescence effect :)

<< post edited by berkeman >>

Last edited by a moderator:
Researchers in Fairbanks Alaska announced last week that they have discovered a superconductor which will operate at room temperature.

The experimentalist comes running excitedly into the theorist's office, waving a graph taken off his latest experiment. 'Hmmm,' says the theorist, 'That's exactly where you'd expect to see that peak. Here's the reason (long logical explanation follows).' In the middle of it, the experimentalist says 'Wait a minute', studies the chart for a second, and says, 'Oops, this is upside down.' He fixes it. 'Hmmm,' says the theorist, 'you'd expect to see a dip in exactly that position. Here's the reason...'.

A psychologist makes an experiment with a mathematician and a physicist. He puts a slice of a mouth-watering chocolate cake in one corner of the room and the mathematician on a chair in another one, and tells him: 'I´ll half the distance between you and the cake every five minutes, and you´re not allowed to stand up.' the mathematician runs away, yelling: 'in that case, I´ll never get to this cake!'. After that, the psychologist takes the physicist and tells him the plan. The physicist starts grinning. the psychologist asks him: 'but you´ll never get to this cake?', the physicists tells him: 'sure, but for all practical things this is a good approximation.

Renee Descartes walks into a bar, the bartender says 'sir can I get you a martini 'Descartes says 'I don't think...' and he disappears

Heisenberg is out for a drive when he's stopped by a traffic cop. The cop says 'Do you know how fast you were going?' Heisenberg says 'No, but I know where I am.'

There is this farmer who is having problems with his chickens. All of the sudden, they are all getting very sick and he doesn't know what is wrong with them. After trying all conventional means, he calls a biologist, a chemist, and a physicist to see if they can figure out what is wrong. So the biologist looks at the chickens, examines them a bit, and says he has no clue what could be wrong with them. Then the chemist takes some tests and makes some measurements, but he can't come to any conclusions either. So the physicist tries. He stands there and looks at the chickens for a long time without touching them or anything. Then all of the sudden he starts scribbling away in a notebook. Finally, after several gruesome calculations, he exclaims, 'I've got it! But it only works for spherical chickens in a vacuum.'

Thanks, Shyan.

Heisenberg went for a drive and got stopped by a traffic cop. The cop asked, "Do you know how fast you were going?" Heisenberg replied, "No, but I know where I am." :tongue2:

1. What is the best way to study physics jokes?

The best way to study physics jokes is to first have a good understanding of basic physics concepts and theories. This will help you understand the punchline and appreciate the humor. You can also read books or watch TV shows and movies that incorporate physics humor.

2. Can you give an example of a funny physics joke?

Sure! Here's one: Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip? To get to the same side.

3. Are there any websites dedicated to funny physics jokes?

Yes, there are many websites and forums where people share their favorite physics jokes. Some popular ones include Reddit's r/physicsjokes and PhysicsCentral's "Physics Joke of the Week" series.

4. Why do physicists enjoy making jokes about their work?

Physicists often have a deep passion for their subject and enjoy finding humor in the complexities and intricacies of the universe. Joking about their work can also help them connect with others and make difficult concepts more relatable and approachable.

5. Can physics jokes be used to teach complex concepts?

Yes, many educators use humor and jokes to engage students and make difficult concepts more memorable. By making connections between physics and everyday life, students can better understand and appreciate the subject.