Game of Bridge: Easily Finish Dealing Cards After Interruption

In summary: I'll just do it in my head and then assign each person a card, going around the table a few times and giving everyone a turn. In summary, to finish dealing the cards quickly and without counting the cards of any player, you could count the number of cards left in the deck and assign each person a card in a few rounds, ensuring everyone gets the same cards as they would have had you gone uninterrupted.
Werg22
You're playing a game of bridge with 4 people. You're dealing the cards, when suddenly the phone rings and you go pick it up. When you come back to the table, you can't remember who got the last card. How do you finish dealing the cards quickly and without counting the cards of any player, with everyone getting the same cards as they would have had you gone uninterrupted?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well I don't know bridge...but I'm guessing you'd count the number of cards left in the deck. Assuming you remember to whom you dealt first, you could figure it out.

That's a sure way, but too slow...

Werg22 said:
You're playing a game of bridge with 4 people. You're dealing the cards, when suddenly the phone rings and you go pick it up. When you come back to the table, you can't remember who got the last card. How do you finish dealing the cards quickly and without counting the cards of any player, with everyone getting the same cards as they would have had you gone uninterrupted?
Oh awesome! I figgered it out in mah head!

You deal from the bottom of the deck, starting with yourself!

And on that note, I'm off to bed...

DaveC426913 said:
Oh awesome! I figgered it out in mah head!

You deal from the bottom of the deck, starting with yourself!

and in addition to that for completion,

deal counter clockwise

1. How does the "Game of Bridge" deal with interruptions?

The "Game of Bridge" has a specific rule for dealing with interruptions. If a player is interrupted while dealing cards, they must continue dealing from the point where they left off. They cannot re-deal the entire hand or start over.

2. What happens if a card is accidentally revealed during the interruption?

If a card is accidentally revealed during an interruption, it must be left face-up on the table and cannot be used in the game. The rest of the cards must be dealt as if the interruption did not occur.

3. Can players discuss their hands during an interruption?

No, players are not allowed to discuss their hands or make any decisions during an interruption. The dealing player should resume dealing as quickly as possible to minimize the impact of the interruption on the game.

4. Is there a time limit for resuming the game after an interruption?

There is no specific time limit for resuming the game after an interruption. However, players should try to resume as quickly as possible to avoid disrupting the flow of the game.

5. What if a player intentionally causes an interruption?

If it is determined that a player intentionally caused an interruption, they may face penalties or consequences depending on the rules of the specific game or tournament. Intentionally causing an interruption is considered a form of cheating and is not allowed.