I want to sleep with my Professor

In summary: Please don't post things that you know nothing about. Apparently you didn't even bother googling the issue. Maybe in "your country" you are not aware of any issues, then state that.
EternityMech
Shes really hot is it ok? I know its unethical for professors to pursue students but what if i pursue her? Anybody else have this problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
Assuming that she would actually reciprocate your lust she could lose her job. Do you think that is an acceptable risk?

TheStatutoryApe said:
Assuming that she would actually reciprocate your lust she could lose her job. Do you think that is an acceptable risk?

Oh please, do you really think she could lose her job over something like that?
Perhaps in high school, but not in college!
(We're talking college aren't we?)
Let's start with the question whether she feels the same...

EternityMech said:
Shes really hot is it ok? I know its unethical for professors to pursue students but what if i pursue her? Anybody else have this problem?

It's not OK if she's your current professor, or if you will take any classes from her in the future.

well she keeps touching my arm (i have big arms) so you i think so. she is my professor and i want to join the phd program under her. is that more ok phd student and professor?

EternityMech said:
well she keeps touching my arm (i have big arms) so you i think so. she is my professor and i want to join the phd program under her. is that more ok phd student and professor?
Still no. If you want a professional (for her) relationship to be slanted by a personal relationship, you're setting yourself up for problems. The PhD process is going to take a while, and you'll be heavily reliant on her guidance. Do you want to guess what might happen if your personal relationship chills?

Likes Mark Edawrds
I like Serena said:
Oh please, do you really think she could lose her job over something like that?
Perhaps in high school, but not in college!
Yes.

A high school teacher will get fired and get put in jail. A college professor (assuming the student is of age) will only get fired.

I kind of believe in romance.
I'd say to prepare for disappointment, but who's to say it can't be so?
Any bridge can be crossed when you get there (or not depending on how things turn out).
Assuming you are both adults (are you?), I believe anything goes.

D H said:
Yes.

A high school teacher will get fired and get put in jail. A college professor (assuming the student is of age) will only get fired.

Do you have a reference for that?
I can imagine that there are extreme cases, but I find it hard to believe it is common practice.

I like Serena said:
I kind of believe in romance.
I'd say to prepare for disappointment, but who's to say it can't be so?
Any bridge can be crossed when you get there (or not depending on how things turn out).
Assuming you are both adults (are you?), I believe anything goes.

I would tend to agree but I guess we are in another culture. There is a substantial difference in first world problems like this.

Most students sleep with their professors.

Last edited:
I like Serena said:
Do you have a reference for that?
Here's one, at a fairly prestigious, non-religious school. There are plenty of others.
http://yalealumnimagazine.com/issues/2010_03/lv_sex015.html
After more than a quarter century of debate, Yale faculty members are now barred from sexual relationships with undergraduates—not just their own students, but any Yale undergrads.

Previously, the university had prohibited such relationships only when the faculty member had “direct pedagogical or supervisory responsibilities” over the student. That remains the rule for affairs between faculty and graduate or professional students, and between grad students and undergrads.​
Just because faculty-student romances and flings do happen doesn't mean they are kosher.

Last edited by a moderator:
D H said:
Here's one, at a fairly prestigious, non-religious school. There are plenty of others.
http://yalealumnimagazine.com/issues/2010_03/lv_sex015.html

All right, so it's not against the law, but is is against the policy of some faculties.
In practice this does not make one yot of difference, except in extreme cases where the faculty can claim it's against the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Serena said:
All right, so it's not against the law, but is is against the policy of some faculties.
That's exactly what I said earlier: "A college professor (assuming the student is of age) will only get fired."

I have already married my professor. both of us fired!

D H said:
That's exactly what I said earlier: "A college professor (assuming the student is of age) will only get fired."

All right.
Again, in practice this won't happen, unless things escalate...

D H said:

This of course applies in the USA. The OP may very well be somewhere else.

I like Serena said:
All right.
Again, in practice this won't happen, unless things escalate...
Please don't post things that you know nothing about. Apparently you didn't even bother googling the issue. Maybe in "your country" you are not aware of any issues, then state that. I only know of the US, has anyone asked the OP in which country he attends school? He might live in a country with very lax rules, he may not. The best advice is that it *may* be a problem, check with the student union, or something comparable.

Last edited:
EternityMech said:
well she keeps touching my arm (i have big arms) so you i think so.
What you are interpreting as special attention to you may well be nothing special at all. Does she do this with other people, male and female? Some people are "touchy-feely". Touchy-feely males touch people's shoulders or shake hands at the drop of a hat, touchy-feely females touch peoples arms or hands. These touchy-feely people, male and female, have no qualms about invading what you feel is your personal space. They are usually more outgoing than normal. Their touchy-feely nature is just a part of their personality.

Yep! I had a touchy-feely prof who was very attractive. It might have been flirtation, but nothing more really, since her husband was my faculty adviser, directing my transition from engineering school toward a double major in English lit and philosophy. I'm sure she was quite aware of my relationship with her husband because I posed him some unique problems with my switch, requiring him to get me multiple "dispensations" from the dean to get me into the courses that he thought fundamental to my switch. One of those dispensations was to get me into his wife's class on early American literature, which was already full.

Jimmy Snyder said:

So it isn't limited to sports and coaches?

Ivan Seeking said:
So it isn't limited to sports and coaches?
Or priests and altar-boys? :devil:

turbo said:
Or priests and altar-boys? :devil:

I can only say that I played football and was an altar boy, and no priest ever slapped me on the butt. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
I can only say that I played football and was an altar boy, and no priest ever slapped me on the butt. :biggrin:
Yay priests!

(One in a row!)

Edit: I should ask if your priests ever demanded that you give 110% Just trying to level the playing field.

Last edited:
I fail to understand why a University would take such a hardline against seeing students if they are no longer in your class. It would be like a corporation saying that employees can't sleep with former clients (which, according to my research watching The Office, is acceptable). And corporations are suppose to be more conservative entities!

This thread is disappoint.

Pengwuino said:
It would be like a corporation saying that employees can't sleep with former clients.
Unless the corporation fires the client (in which case sleeping with the former client would be a bad idea), corporations are not supposed to have former clients. Once a client, always a client. Till bankruptcy, death, or unfriendly buyout do you part. That sort of thing.

D H said:
Unless the corporation fires the client (in which case sleeping with the former client would be a bad idea), corporations are not supposed to have former clients. Once a client, always a client. Till bankruptcy, death, or unfriendly buyout do you part. That sort of thing.
I worked with a guy that got fired for making sexist remarks to a female client. The guy was clueless, he thought he was suave, women thought he was a pig.

Evo said:
I worked with a guy that got fired for making sexist remarks to a female client. The guy was clueless, he thought he was suave, women thought he was a pig.
Surprising how often that happens. :biggrin:

I guess, mr OP, it depends on if you care that you're potential irresistibility could result in your professor's termination. Personally, I feel like that's her responsibility.

Also, no one has to find out unless you ask these questions on online forums.

Jimmy Snyder said:
Once again, with unparalleled insight, you've observed a core truth all others have missed.

zoobyshoe said:
Once again, with unparalleled insight, you've observed a core truth all others have missed.

I know...time and time again, how does he do it :biggrin:?

I'm so glad you post on this forum, Jimmy!

What can I say ore the society and peoples respect and feeling are going to crush very soon.

lisab said:
I know...time and time again, how does he do it :biggrin:?
He has his own secret fluxions, his own secret method of calculating the slope of the line of drink spewing over giggles per unit time. We wouldn't understand them if he showed the to us.
I'm so glad you post on this forum, Jimmy!
Ditto.

lisab said:
how does he do it?
I steal. Here's a joke I heard long ago.
Father: Did you sleep with my daughter?
Boyfriend: No sir, not a wink.

The rest is just a matter of drawing the bullseye after the shaft has flown.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I steal. Here's a joke I heard long ago.
Father: Did you sleep with my daughter?
Boyfriend: No sir, not a wink.

The rest is just a matter of drawing the bullseye after the shaft has flown.

Thanks, lisab, for the help in flattering his secret out of him.

And now, with the key to Snyder's MOJO, I shall take over the WORLD!

Muahaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa!