Poll: Test Your PF Site Speed Now

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the browsing speed at PF and the recent problems that members have experienced. Some members reported faster loading times, while others had issues accessing the site. Overall, the majority seemed to agree that the speed is now back to normal and they thanked Greg for his hard work in fixing the issues. There was also a mention of potential problems with wireless connections and some members did not experience any problems at all.

How fast is PF loading

• Very Fast

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Fast

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Slow

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Very Slow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Today we had numerous problems. Hopefully most have been fixed. Many members seemed to have slightly different experiences. I would like to see what your browsing speed is like at PF currently (at this time).

Physics news on Phys.org
Fast here. I did have an issuing accessing the forums earlier, but all seems fine now.

It seems faster than usual for me now.

Good here too, faster than normal, in this part of the world.

It seems faster than before to me, but I may be biased because of all the lag I've experienced today (not only on PF). So, not particularly faster than before (where before = a few days ago), but it's definitely working for me again. I voted fast.

I agree that now it's fixed, it seems faster than usual.

Faster-loading than normal

I voted very fast, because I'm not experiencing any problems. Maybe I should have voted fast. Not sure how fast it needs to be to be considered very fast.

Very fast for me without any doubt.

Very fast, thanks for all of your hard work Greg.

Very Fast for me too. Outstanding Greg.

Yeah I had a problem accessing PF earlier today, but seems good now. Cheers Greg. YOU ROCK! :biggrin:

Much Better. :approve:

stalling a bit every now and then, I will need to run some tests to see whether it's the site or my wireless though :blushing:

anyways, thanks for the hard work greg :)

It works well now, loading very fast. You are great, Greg:cool:

ehild

Seems the usual fast from my iPad. Haven't been on from my laptop with a full browser for comparison.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Today we had numerous problems. Hopefully most have been fixed. Many members seemed to have slightly different experiences. I would like to see what your browsing speed is like at PF currently (at this time).
I don't recall any problems on the 20th. PF has always loaded very fast in my browser, except for very infrequent times when it would time out or whatever, and when you had that problem with the massive onslaught not too long ago. If there was a problem, apparently you fixed it.

Is it just me, or is the site sluggish today?

1. What is the purpose of the PF Site Speed Test?

The purpose of the PF Site Speed Test is to evaluate the loading speed of your website. This is important because a slow loading website can negatively impact user experience and search engine rankings.

2. How do I use the PF Site Speed Test?

To use the PF Site Speed Test, simply enter your website's URL into the designated field and click the "Test Now" button. The test will run and provide you with a report on your site's loading speed.

3. What factors can affect my site's speed?

There are several factors that can affect your site's speed, including large image or video files, bulky code, server location, and heavy traffic. The PF Site Speed Test will analyze these factors and provide you with recommendations for improvement.

4. How often should I test my site's speed?

It is recommended to test your site's speed regularly, especially after making changes or updates to your website. This will help you monitor the impact of any changes on your site's loading speed.

5. Can the PF Site Speed Test help improve my website's speed?

Yes, the PF Site Speed Test can provide valuable insights and recommendations for improving your website's speed. It is important to regularly test your site's speed and make necessary changes to ensure optimal performance.